Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it me or does this season kind of suck? If it’s me, I’ll go back and rewatch and see what I’m missing.
I'm liking this season. To me, the last season kinda sucked in retrospect. Even the show runners have admitted on a podcast that last season was kind of a "vibes" show (look at these young people partying and having sex, listen to this cool music, look how crazy the finance world is) and not so strong on the storylines. So they brought in new people behind the scenes to get both vibes and story going strong.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Generally don't watch stuff where the main characters are females competing in a male dominated industry (tech, wall street, intelligence, vig law to some degree). Show is no exception.

(Not sexist, but women in tech, finance, and law rarely do the creative or big swinging dikk stuff. They may be part of the team, maybe even a key part of it, but they rarely contribute to the big idea shyt.)

The few bits I've watched...the industy jargon is better than what's in Billions. Heard the term "picks-and-shovels" in a recent episode, knew some insiders had to write for the show.

Also, a lot of subtle touches are better in Industry. During the opening episode, a dude quips about how he did anything he could to transfer to a competitive school. That is some insider shyt too.

Billions is written more in the style of melodrama or Greek epic though, no point in comparing ornate terminology. Set design and general W.S. aesthetic are solid in both.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
goddamn her nipples tho! :whoo:

still struggling to make it thru ep 1 but I think I’m invested in the show now

*edit*

jokes aside I don’t think this show is for me…I’m really struggling to watch the first ep…it’s taken me a few weeks just to barely watch half of it…I already know the black male character is gay cuz it got spoiled for me in a promo for the series…then the one character I genuinely like (the black girl) is getting hit on by this old lady…the show (the characters in particular) is just not resonating with me

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
goddamn her nipples tho! :whoo:

still struggling to make it thru ep 1 but I think I’m invested in the show now

*edit*

jokes aside I don’t think this show is for me…I’m really struggling to watch the first ep…it’s taken me a few weeks just to barely watch half of it…I already know the black male character is gay cuz it got spoiled for me in a promo for the series…then the one character I genuinely like (the black girl) is getting hit on by this old lady…the show (the characters in particular) is just not resonating with me

stay for the nipples. she gets naked A LOT on this show. especially in season 2.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
how is the new trans victor soul mate, when he was just crying about his old trans GF at the beginning of the season.

EDIT: wrong thread :snoop:

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
This show is basically my mid flight show, show I watch randomly whenever I'm on a flight. Didn't realize brehs actually watch this, might start watching it foreal now

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Pretty sad episode when it comes to Harper. While she gets higher up in her position, her personal life just gets shytter.

That last shot of the episode really shows you that the last bit of humanity Harper has left in her is gone. She is gonna be a cold hearted bytch from now on..

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Harper's brother gave me strong "one tear away from a complete mental breakdown" vibes.
The talking a 100 miles an hour, the manic rationalizations, the hiding in Berlin period...
She also went from giving homie the gas face last ep when he tried to cuddle to parking garage sex. Rishi pulling up with "is he a stick shift?" :laff:
She might be setting herself up for a massive L by season's end if she keeps fukking dude (who happens to be her new boss).
Also, how long is the Harper/Yasmin beef gonna drag on? It's starting to look like some immature high school shyt. Wrap that shyt up B!

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Also, how long is the Harper/Yasmin beef gonna drag on? It's starting to look like some immature high school shyt. Wrap that shyt up B!
They probably will. Judging by the the tension between Yas and Venetia earlier in the season and Venetia and Rob's interactions this episode there's probably gonna be a big beef there in the latter part of this season.