Anyone want to know about teaching English in Korea?

Earnings

Ele Jefe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Victory Lane
I just graduates in May with a teaching degree and my manager at work did this shyt and alllllways talk to me about it. Gr8 thread so far.

Far as my blackhandside brehs... He said its pretty cool jus like every one else said... Said the women would love me(tall, liteskin blk male).

I'll come back thru with more questions but just off the top... 4 any and all the brehs tht did it @Food Mane :

How much did u come back with roughly?

Wht kind of area did u live in?

Weird bugs / animals you encountered?

What did you miss most about home?

How old were you when you left?

Last edited:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just graduates in May with a teaching degree and my manager at work did this shyt and alllllways talk to me about it. Gr8 thread so far.

Far as my blackhandside brehs... He said its pretty cool jus like every one else said... Said the women would love me(tall, liteskin blk male).

I'll come back thru with more questions but just off the top... 4 any and all the brehs tht did it @Food Mane :

I came back with about 5-6k, but I'm an a$$hole with my money. I spent like 3k spending a week at a resort town in China for example. If you wanted to save I don't think it would be hard to save 10-15k per year.

I lived in what Koreans consider a suburban area. Maybe a 10 min ride from the downtown core. But there were still thousands of bars and restaurants in my neighbourhood and it was all highrises. The city I was in (Busan) was amazing. Mountains and beaches. Great nightlife.

I don't remember any weird bugs or anything. Weirdest thing that happened with animals was when I threw a live chicken into the lion den at a zoo in china :merchant:

I missed cocaine

I was 25 when I left

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
https://www.youtube.com/user/wbrutus22 (Black dude in SK....he's a good resource for the melanated peoples)
http://www.eslcafe.com/ great resource to get a job.

I was GOING to apply for 2010-2011 school year, but I didnt. I'm now gonna work in Spain for at least a year. I do want to do Asia tho. Busan seems like a nice warm hub to work from. My goal is to get that Arab money tho with some sort of gig either WITH Dubai cats or out of there. :krs:

Good thread my snowfriend.

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Deep in the south kickin uptop game
I was in Pusan/Busan. Great city. Do you remember any of the areas you were at? Did you go out? Remember any bars?
I spent most of my time on Texas St. We ventured off into other areas though, me and my boy happened to meet a dude on the train who grew up in NYC but went back to Korea to serve in the military, he took us to a couple of local type bars that weren't the tourist attraction kind and they were pretty fun, I don't remember the names of them though.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi

I lived on the outskirts of the city. But Seoul is a mega city and very very busy all the time. Busier than NYC. Metropolitan area is 24 million. Koreans girls can be hard to get at depending on the area. They like white guys but overall many of them are very conservative and have morals/values unlike most western girls. If you go to a hip hop club or are in a foreign area then you'll have no problem picking up. Very beautiful tho. I left with about 5k but I had to transfer money to pay for loans.

I lived like 10mins from my school. Still city.

No weird bugs

Missed some things foods...Mexican, music that's it

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I never did that or even thought of doing that. I was trying to make it happen in the US after graduating from college.

I mean, if I look like the people but can't talk like them, that would be the equivalent of being a retard. Full-blown retard. Like talking out letters slowly, pointing at pictures and grunting, I don't think I could deal with the dirty looks.

Earnings

Ele Jefe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Victory Lane
The experience sounds grand...but honestly nikkas not comin back with duckets like i thought... i know the experience in itself is more meaningful.. and not sayin 5-12k is chump change....was jus thinking more along the lines of 14-18k

@Food Mane did u and the girl work out? Im in a similar situation as well.

@othello... thanx 4 the insight brehman. More questions coming..

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Hmm, 2K a month times I guess 9 months not including summer would be $18K a year, or $24K a year for all 12 months.
If you lived the struggle plate lifestyle, you could come back with $18K. That's a good chunk of cash.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Some countries pay
The experience sounds grand...but honestly nikkas not comin back with duckets like i thought... i know the experience in itself is more meaningful.. and not sayin 5-12k is chump change....was jus thinking more along the lines of 14-18k

@Food Mane did u and the girl work out? Im in a similar situation as well.

@othello... thanx 4 the insight brehman. More questions coming..
Some countries pay more like cities in the middle east 3-5k a month. But many require experience and/or being a certified teacher. This money is tax free and free accommodation.

Idk what job unless u makin bout 60-100k in that states where you can save 14-18k a year. I rarely hear ppl doin numbers like that.

Goin to Korea is a good opportunity cuz more than likely you'll visit other countries when in the states that's not likely at all. Ppl just go on year by year

Brown Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
Inform me on how I can get a job like this. I've been wanting to leave the U.S. for a while to see how it is living elsewhere :birdman:

I have a college degree. I also am well versed in English :gladbron: