Anyone want to know about teaching English in Korea?

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why didn't you spend more years there?

Did you do one of the phone interviews? How was it?
Did you use a recruiter? If so, how many backups did you have?

I had a girl back here I was in love and I also wanted to start making some real money. I had like 3 recruiters; one of them finally found me a job that worked with my location and money wants. Phone interview was basically a formality. :manny:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
I don't know. But I saw a lot of military dudes with ugly girls buying fake air force 1s, so probably.

:dead:

:gladbron: status if you go to a popular red light district. But the rub and tug places are mostly older women (50+). They are everywhere though, so what you lose in age/attractiveness, you make up with in convenience.

:shaq: i would be tryna get that sucky fukky. were those girls (im assuming u picked em up in bars and off the street) decent looking or are they all nasty?

B.A, but I know dudes with just a high school diploma that are doing it. If you go that route you will need to pay for your own flight over there and talk your way into a job though.

do you have to speak korean?

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did they talk their way into the job before they flew over there, or took a chance by flying there first?

Also, how many chicks are looking like CL out there?

Took a chance. Both guys I know that don;t have a B.A knew other people teaching over there, flew over and talked their way into jobs.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:

:shaq: i would be tryna get that sucky fukky. were those girls (im assuming u picked em up in bars and off the street) decent looking or are they all nasty?

do you have to speak korean?

You don't need to speak Korean. They want you to only speak english so it's like an immersion experience for the kids. Girls are great looking. Seoul has a full on red light district called Hooker Hill (locals probably don't call it this) with beautiful women trying to pull you into bars.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I had a girl back here I was in love and I also wanted to start making some real money. I had like 3 recruiters; one of them finally found me a job that worked with my location and money wants. Phone interview was basically a formality. :manny:

You skipped over the part of why you didn't stay longer. I went through the app process myself but halted since I couldn't see the point.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I was making 2.1 million won a month which is about 2k. But income tax is only 4%, no sales tax and they pay for your apartment. This was about 5 years ago, so I assume the average salary has gone up a bit. Basically your only expenses are food and drinks and both are very cheap there.

How do you even get into that type of field?

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Funny, I was thinking about this earlier this week.

How receptive were the people over there to you?
Did it take awhile for you to adjust to the food?
How big was your apartment? Lol.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You skipped over the part of why you didn't stay longer. I went through the app process myself but halted since I couldn't see the point.

Nah, I touched on that. I had a girl back here and I wanted to start making real money. It was great for a year but I getting caught up in that expat life just isn't for me.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny, I was thinking about this earlier this week.

How receptive were the people over there to you?
Did it take awhile for you to adjust to the food?
How big was your apartment? Lol.

People were amazing. 99% were very kind. Some old men were dikks, but it's more or less like that everywhere. I got used to the food after about a month, korean bbq is one of the best dining out experiences there is. My apartment was a shoebox. One room with a bathroom. maybe 400 - 500 sf

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
People were amazing. 99% were very kind. Some old men were dikks, but it's more or less like that everywhere. I got used to the food after about a month, korean bbq is one of the best dining out experiences there is. My apartment was a shoebox. One room with a bathroom. maybe 400 - 500 sf
its a coo experience but it is unhealthy as fukk

how were the clubs, were there any africans/blacks out there?

concise

Veteran
Daps
Nah, I touched on that. I had a girl back here and I wanted to start making real money. It was great for a year but I getting caught up in that expat life just isn't for me.

So if you didn't have a gf, you might have stayed longer? :patrice:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its a coo experience but it is unhealthy as fukk

how were the clubs, were there any africans/blacks out there?

Clubs were fun. I mostly went to foreigner clubs. Went to a real korean club once and it was wild. The ceiling opened at about 2am like a stadium with a retractable roof. Confetti poured down, everyone was like :blessed:

Most foreigners in Korea are white, but yeah there were some black dudes. More in Seoul because the U.S has 20k soldiers there.

Mackronus

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you black? I'm not asking out of the whole Coli-born insistence to witch hunt whites out of hiding, but just because I here they're more "particular" when hiring blacks. As in they make you send in a picture of yourself and commonly won't hire you if you're black (or that you can only work at lesser, public schools)?

Also, what was a normal day like for you in the classroom?