Anyone want to know about teaching English in Korea?

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you black? I'm not asking out of the whole Coli-born insistence to witch hunt whites out of hiding, but just because I here they're more "particular" when hiring blacks. As in they make you send in a picture of yourself and commonly won't hire you if you're black (or that you can only work at lesser, public schools)?

Also, what was a normal day like for you in the classroom?

I'm white. And they did make me send a picture of myself. But, I knew a couple black dudes over there working similar type jobs to mine. One dude that was in my extended crew was gay (he looked it) and black and he didn't ever tell me about any problems he had with Koreans. So I kind of think it's more or less an accepting county.

I'm not naive though, I'm sure someone with different skin colour than me would face a whole different set of challenges. I can't really speak on that, though. But none of the black dudes I met were ever like "fukk this racist country." :manny:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A typical day in the classroom was fukking long. Got there at 8:30 and left at 6. From 9-12 I would teach kindergarten from 9 - 12 and from 12:30 - 6 I would teach elementary school age kids who were done their regular school for the day and were enrolled in english school. Missing work isn't an option so I learned a lot about work ethic and being accountable. I'd say that's one of the most valuable things I took away from that year.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man this thread is boring, mothafukk school...we wanna hear about the dirt....u fukk any hoes, have a 3 sum....stick a carrot up bish butt?

come on man...give us something good

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
lol at these questions........smh

So nobody cares to know how much he was getting paid to do this?

Where he lived? How much rent cost him? How he arranged his living arrangements? how long did the process take? What type of living arrangements were they? How many vacancies they have for these types of positions? What he ate? The cost of food? How well one is able to naviagate the country without being able to speak Korean, if at all?

Just what are the requirements and how the bytches look? lol

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
did you want to beat up any one of the kids out of frustration?

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol at these questions........smh

So nobody cares to know how much he was getting paid to do this?

Where he lived? How much rent cost him? How he arranged his living arrangements? how long did the process take? What type of living arrangements were they? How many vacancies they have for these types of positions? What he ate? The cost of food? How well one is able to naviagate the country without being able to speak Korean, if at all?

Just what are the requirements and how the bytches look? lol

I answered most of that already. The food was really cheap and good. I ate out 6/7 nights a week. Drinks at restaurants and bars are cheap, too. Around 3 bucks for a beer, 2 bucks for a bottle of korean liquor called soju (kind of like vodka but not as strong) and 50 bucks for a bottle of scotch. You could easily eat all meals at restaurants on 5-10 dollars a day.