Anyone want to know about teaching English in Korea?

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow. Did you make your own lesson plans or did you have to follow a curriculum?

They had curriculum to follow but it was pretty thin. If you followed the prescribed lesson plan it would take up maybe 10 minutes of a 60 minute class. The rest of the time I was responsible for coming up with stuff to do.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting around the country with no Korean was pretty easy. Point at things. Smile. Nod. I'd say 99% of koreans know at least a little english, so that made things easier. Sometimes cabs would be difficult; they wouldn't understand my fukked up pronunciation of whatever neighbourhood I was trying to get to. Cabs were pretty fun though. Most would let you put on your own CD. You could also drink and smoke in them. Getting there was half the fun :krs:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I go to korea quite often. you can get around without knowing korean. koreans are bigger than japanese and chinese, must be that mongolian blood. all of my friends except one, are black. one of my homegirls went over there a year ago, she got inspired by my 'fukk it' attitude, and sold her car and jumped ship too. at first she didnt like it, then she came home for vacation, and was like fukk that, korea is better lol. you don't realize how fun asia is, until you leave to go home for vacation, chill a week with fam and friends, and realize they and you, are doing the same fukking shyt. lol. you wanna jump right back on the plane and go about your adventure again.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
I'm black and I taught in Korea. I didn't have any real racist issues. The only thing is if your on the train or in the bus, I was usually the last person some would sit or stand next to. I had fun. Ad did it for one year. One year was enough for me. Became a routine lifestyle

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Getting around the country with no Korean was pretty easy. Point at things. Smile. Nod. I'd say 99% of koreans know at least a little english, so that made things easier. Sometimes cabs would be difficult; they wouldn't understand my fukked up pronunciation of whatever neighbourhood I was trying to get to. Cabs were pretty fun though. Most would let you put on your own CD. You could also drink and smoke in them. Getting there was half the fun :krs:

I'm black and I taught in Korea. I didn't have any real racist issues. The only thing is if your on the train or in the bus, I was usually the last person some would sit or stand next to. I had fun. Ad did it for one year. One year was enough for me. Became a routine lifestyle

How long was your vacation? And was it paid time off. And during the summer? I don't know why but I feel like I'm willing to give up this higher paying job here and do something else with my time, experience a new culture, etc. Also got any links to recruiters websites?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
are ya'll in the peace corp or is this shyt just for fun?

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
It was something me and my roommate in college talked about a lot and when we both graduated we decided to say fukk it and just go for it.
I feel bad that you taught English in Korea because you completely fukked up that sentence.
it should be "It was something my roommate and I in college talked about,...."

did you teach those koreans grammar like that? :what:

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
How long was your vacation? And was it paid time off. And during the summer? I don't know why but I feel like I'm willing to give up this higher paying job here and do something else with my time, experience a new culture, etc. Also got any links to recruiters websites?

There were probably a total of 4-6 weeks vacation with about 5 public holidays with no school. during summer, you'll have 2 weeks vacation and 2 weeks of summer camp which is just fun activities for the kids. About 1/4 of thte students will attend summer camp, and You'll only work about 2-4hrs a day for summer camp then you can go home. the same deal with the winter. you're on a salary so the pay is always the same and always on time if you are teaching in public schools. You get paid time off like if you're sick.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
There were probably a total of 4-6 weeks vacation with about 5 public holidays with no school. during summer, you'll have 2 weeks vacation and 2 weeks of summer camp which is just fun activities for the kids. About 1/4 of thte students will attend summer camp, and You'll only work about 2-4hrs a day for summer camp then you can go home. the same deal with the winter. you're on a salary so the pay is always the same and always on time if you are teaching in public schools. You get paid time off like if you're sick.
Thanks breh, any websites for me to apply at or learn more?

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Thanks breh, any websites for me to apply at or learn more?

i went through footprints recruiting.

http://www.footprintsrecruiting.com

What part of Korea were you in? I spent a week a Pusan and loved it

At what level do they have yall teaching at? is it grade school or college type?

You can have a preference for what you wanna teach, they don't always give you what you want but they'll try. Most teach in elementary schools

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
i went through footprints recruiting.

http://www.footprintsrecruiting.com

You can have a preference for what you wanna teach, they don't always give you what you want but they'll try. Most teach in elementary schools

Thx breh..I'm gonna try to apply..can't waste my life working this bullshyt job and not going anywhere..life is too short..

I don't know if my English is satisfactory tho..

Edit : never mind..I have no degree

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What part of Korea were you in? I spent a week a Pusan and loved it

At what level do they have yall teaching at? is it grade school or college type?

I was in Pusan/Busan. Great city. Do you remember any of the areas you were at? Did you go out? Remember any bars?