Anyone notice the absence of black monuments...** Update** The Black Monument Project

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
a lot of ya'll seem to fail to realize that america is full of racist/prejudiced white people who would rather pretend slavery didn't exist than build monuments celebrating its end.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Shut your dumb bytch ass up. They are getting killed by the police you retard.

You quote one country with no evidence to back it up whatsoever as "killing more blacks" but I'm the "dumb" guy? All to defend and deflect from American racism?

I'm getting tired of these drive-by c00ns. Enough is enough. :snoop:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
DSC_0150.JPG

This is in Harlem.

invalid

Banned
Daps
The Black Monument Project is an initiative to build statues honoring AA in all 50 states.

Mic’s latest editorial effort — the Black Monuments Project — aims to correct this sordid legacy through a blend of history and imagination. Published at the start of Black History Month, it repurposes our nation’s Confederate-centric memory of the Civil War as a chance to celebrate black heroes, well and lesser known, instead of the white supremacists who would see them locked in chains.

The Black Monuments Project aims to realize the world activist Bree Newsome gave Americans a glimpse of when she climbed the flagpole at the South Carolina Statehouse in June 2015 and tore down the Confederate flag that had flown there for decades. Where that memorial stood, Mic imagines a statue saluting the Charleston Nine. In place of Lee’s likeness in Virginia, we would see a monument to Henrietta Lacks, the black woman whose cells were stolen by doctors and formed the basis for decades of vital medical research.

Black Monuments - America is covered in Confederate statues. We can do better — and here’s how.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Everything cool except these folks

:scust:Anita Hill
:scust:John Lewis
:scust:Bayard Rustin

And they picking M. Obama over Fred,Jesse or Harold:comeon:..

invalid

Banned
Daps
Everything cool except these folks

:scust:Anita Hill
:scust:John Lewis
:scust:Bayard Rustin

And they picking M. Obama over Fred,Jesse or Harold:comeon:..

Yeah, some are def questionable... like Hattie McDaniel - known for the mammy archetype and J- Dilla for Detroit. I have no idea who that guy is but there has been so many influential people to come out of Detroit that they could commemorate instead.

For Illinois, Harold already got the library named after him and his own section in the DuSable Museum. I would have rathered John Johnson but I like the idea of Fred.