anyone living with a disease, illness how are you coping?

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
PTSD, Depression and anxiety.

PTSD I stay out of my old areas

Depression I plan for shyt, date and lift weights

Anxiety I just let it be, but control it

Last edited:

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I used to have aids back in the 90s but um, not anymore I don't think :wtf:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Not gonna expose myself but I feel your pain @His_Excellence_Reincar

At a certain point though you should consider trying to get free professional councelling. It has a huge stigma attached to it but man just airing out your issues is a 50lb weight off your chest.

@ThiefyPoo why you so stupid doe :dead:

DDon't you have to pay for that? I
Dont

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
glad to know im not the only one. shyt can be annoying! i see we have different versions of it though, yours is more facial and mine affects moreso the palms and feet. have you tried any cures?

Currently the only 'cure' for me is facesaver gel

facial_perspiration_tube.jpg

By no means is it perfect but it helps. It's basically an anti-perspirant for the face. I usually apply it the night before if I know I have some activity in the sun. Next day I just shower and wash my face and scalp. It seems to work for about 3- 4 days. Hell when I got to Florida I got picked up from the airport in a hot ass car with bad ac. Usually a river (literally) would be pouring from my head in a situation like that, but I was great. Meanwhile the people around me were sweating and wiping their faces. I can't describe how good that felt. Just to not have the anxiety of that situation, and to not need a washcloth :blessed:

I just had a physical today and asked by doc to write me another prescrip for drysol. I might try that out and see what happens

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Can people with anxiety and depression get a little in depth with symptoms and how it makes you feel?

I mean everyone has some bouts in their life of anxiety or depression its part of life what makes it into a person being diagnosed with it as opposed to just having a sh!tty month or something?

Because you literally feel like you are dying. shyt becomes psychosomatic and you end up with pain in your chest, brain fog, headaches, acid reflux, impending sense of doom, muscle spasms and other crazy shyt. I hate the word anxiety because people lessen the Severity of it. People associate it with a random panic attack, but the real type can be debilitating. shyt will have you in the hospital thinking you are dying from a heart attack or some undiagnosed disease.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
When I start setting those spots that's when I take the Maxalt. On a daily basis I take that excedrin that supposedly targets Migraines.

My ex had bad migraines and would say/do the same thing...if she caught it early enough the headache wouldn't be as bad.

Some of those migraines were brutal...sometimes she would start vomiting bc of the pain :damn:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
My ex had bad migraines and would say/do the same thing...if she caught it early enough the headache wouldn't be as bad.

Some of those migraines were brutal...sometimes she would start vomiting bc of the pain :damn:

I've thrown up maybe 4 times since being diagnosed

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Can people with anxiety and depression get a little in depth with symptoms and how it makes you feel?

I mean everyone has some bouts in their life of anxiety or depression its part of life what makes it into a person being diagnosed with it as opposed to just having a sh!tty month or something?

Because you literally feel like you are dying. shyt becomes psychosomatic and you end up with pain in your chest, brain fog, headaches, acid reflux, impending sense of doom, muscle spasms and other crazy shyt. I hate the word anxiety because people lessen the Severity of it. People associate it with a random panic attack, but the real type can be debilitating. shyt will have you in the hospital thinking you are dying from a heart attack or some undiagnosed disease.

Cosign what this man is saying. For me, it felt like this impending sense of dread or doom. I felt my heart speeding, my chest hurt, the side of my face and arm tingling. It was awful.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah real anxiety is severe. My girlfriend had bad anxiety as a kid and consequently she ended up catching Bell's palsy.

Daps
:l
The thing about being bipolar is that it literary has destroyed my life the shyt is terrible. From the paranoia and depression to the extreme happiness its awful right now I just got came down from a manic episode 3 days ago where I thought this girl I slept with was trying to trying to kill me...... I changed my number and went into hiding called my work and told my work and i need time off and then I just disappeared deleted my facebook tired to delete this account and deleted other online profiles. I just want to disappear. .

:sadcam:
Yup, something like that happened to me recently (not the killing part) and now that guy & I don't talk anymore.
I stayed in my room for 2 days, just crying. I guess he had enough so to the bushes I go. Just thinking about it makes me extremely upset and tear up. I really fukked up but it wasn't intentional, sigh. I've accepted the fact that I probably won't be able to date or be in a relationship with me struggling to deal with my bipolar disorder. It's frustrating.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Something else that gets me through my depression is not fighting it. Just live on. If you "fight" your demons, they win. All they like to do is fight. Letting go is hard, but life moves forward. Just move with it. It may take awhile but if random space debris can hit a planet, you might come out of your problem okay. Life is about longevity, try to outlast it.

My physical health is intact. That's what keeps me going even when my mind is a sinking rock.

Also, your not supposed to be normal. Some of your conditions comes from you not being in tune with life, which leads to stress, if you can't cope, other problems develop. The mind, the body and soul flow like water. You might feel dammed up sometimes but flow around it. Damn, Bruce. Be like water eh?