Anyone Interested in Dissecting the Matrix Trilogy? (Spoilers)

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I always considered Smith to be the one. Hes the thing that brought the matrix down. He hated the Matrix. Neo's and the men before him whole purpose was to continue the Matrix. He would have if Smith wasnt fukking shyt up.

Edit: :mjlol: i thought i had an original thought. I forgot those dont exist

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I always considered Smith to be the one. Hes the thing that brought the matrix down. He hated the Matrix. Neo's and the men before him whole purpose was to continue the Matrix. He would have if Smith wasnt fukking shyt up.

Edit: :mjlol: i thought i had an original thought. I forgot those dont exist

Actually I disagree. There was no 'the one'. That was just an avenue of control. Smith was raging fire who would have destroyed everything if not checked by Neo who unlike the ones before him was programmed to be unique. They are 2 sides of the same coin. They are 'the one' together which is why they need each other to activate their "powers" and to reset the Matrix.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Actually I disagree. There was no 'the one'. That was just an avenue of control. Smith was raging fire who would have destroyed everything if not checked by Neo who unlike the ones before him was programmed to be unique. They are 2 sides of the same coin. They are 'the one' together which is why they need each other to activate their "powers" and to reset the Matrix.
I agree they are linked but...

The previous Neos already made the choice to reset the matrix. This Neo was presented with the same choice but didnt stay the course because of Agent Smith. Smith forced Neo to stand out from his predecessors.

Way i see it, the Oracle created Smith because Neo wouldve been like all the others and preserved the Matix. She needed someone in the equation that wanted it destroyed.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I think Smith was the Matrix way of counteracting The One. The One, Morpheus, Trinity, Merovingian, the rogue programs and others like them were hacking the matrix so much that it needed a program to fight them. When Neo started to become aware, Smith started to become aware. When Neo got stronger Smith got stronger etc. Maybe Neo was the virus and Agent Smith was McAfee Protection

Remember in Ralph Breaks the Internet,
Ralph was corrupted by a virus/duplicator and crashed the game...

I think smith was virus/duplicator and Neo was important anomaly system file, Example/equivalent , Smith dumb ass went in windows32 folder in windows and duplicated a important windows system file and crashed the system

that's why NEO was like delete me/ duplicate me, he knew if he was deleted the system would crash

:yeshrug::patrice:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Remember in Ralph Breaks the Internet,
Ralph was corrupted by a virus/duplicator and crashed the game...

I think smith was virus/duplicator and Neo was important anomaly system file, Example/equivalent , Smith dumb ass went in windows32 folder in windows and duplicated a important windows system file and crashed the system

that's why NEO was like delete me/ duplicate me, he knew if he was deleted the system would crash

:yeshrug::patrice:
:ohhh: Yeah I can see that because Smith started being able to do extra shyt after Neo jumped in him in the first movie. He duplicated what he could from Neo

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I agree they are linked but...

The previous Neos already made the choice to reset the matrix. This Neo was presented with the same choice but didnt stay the course because of Agent Smith. Smith forced Neo to stand out from his predecessors.

Way i see it, the Oracle created Smith because Neo wouldve been like all the others and preserved the Matix. She needed someone in the equation that wanted it destroyed.

But there were many other agents. If not for Neo being a unique "one" Smith would have been like all the other agents. There duel uniqueness activated the other.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So who/what is the oracle really then? Did she spontaneously emerge in the machine world somehow? Was she built by another program? Is she an artifact from the human era, a program written by humans that somehow survived the apocalypse and held onto a certain kind of power in the machine world?

Damn never thought of that. I'm sure some of the are. I mean how are their still different races? At that point they all should look similar.

Good point - I think the Architect offered Neo to restart the human race from 21 hand-selected people or something like that? Meaning that they would definitely all be basically mixed within a few generations. Seems like a big plot hole.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
So who/what is the oracle really then? Did she spontaneously emerge in the machine world somehow? Was she built by another program? Is she an artifact from the human era, a program written by humans that somehow survived the apocalypse and held onto a certain kind of power in the machine world?

Good point - I think the Architect offered Neo to restart the human race from 21 hand-selected people or something like that? Meaning that they would definitely all be basically mixed within a few generations. Seems like a big plot hole.

Good question. I found this on Matrix Wiki

"The Oracle is a major supporting character in The Matrix franchise. She is a program with such insight into human psychology that she has clairvoyant abilities. She was initially created to interpret aspects of the human psyche and was responsible for the key principles behind the third "current" version of the Matrix. After having served her purpose, she went into Exile and aided the Resistance in the Machine War; she ultimately is responsible for ending the war through her manipulation of key members within the Resistance, including Neo. In the theatrical releases, she is portrayed by actresses Gloria Foster and Mary Alice"

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

"The Oracle is a major supporting character in The Matrix franchise. She is a program with such insight into human psychology that she has clairvoyant abilities. She was initially created to interpret aspects of the human psyche and was responsible for the key principles behind the third "current" version of the Matrix. After having served her purpose, she went into Exile and aided the Resistance in the Machine War; she ultimately is responsible for ending the war through her manipulation of key members within the Resistance, including Neo. In the theatrical releases, she is portrayed by actresses Gloria Foster and Mary Alice"

Gloria Foster bodied that character. She one of the few that could act with her facial expressions. I was legit sad when she passed while filming the 2nd movie I believe it was

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
:blessed:

FOSTER_GLORIA_10006-684x1024.jpg

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Well done.

So basically the machines created a program that understood the humans so well it actually empathized with them, and due to that empathy it was able to craft a path towards peace rather than keep the party line of maintaining eternal war.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Well done.

So basically the machines created a program that understood the humans so well it actually empathized with them, and due to that empathy it was able to craft a path towards peace rather than keep the party line of maintaining eternal war.
yea I get it...
kinda like Westworld but in reverse
spinning that human sympathizing with A.I movie trope the other way around

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love the Matrix! But honestly I find that most people don't really "get" the movies. Honestly I had to watch the last one a few times before it really sunk in. Everytime I watch it I find something new.

Anyway here is my take, the real hero in the movie was the Oracle. Instead of the "one" choosing humanity as usual she instead programmed him (unbeknownst to the other machines/programs) to choose the individual love. Doing so would have lead to the collapse of the Matrix, "crops" would have been lost but ultimately the machines would have rebuilt it like they had done many times before. To end the cycle she created Smith who was meant to active his own self awareness (becoming a virus) upon his first merging with Neo.

His activation into virus mod was powerful enough for him to destroy all the machines and programs. The only way to save humanity and machinery was for Neo and Smith to cancel each other out.

The Oracle basically created an all or nothing scenario to force the hand of the machinery into a truce. Neo, Trinity, Morpheus etc were all just pawns. Although I do find it interesting that Smith was the only one (besides the Oracle) who really understood what was going on although he obviously didn't know to what end.

Any thought? I still have many questions about the movie but that is what I think the core plot is.

I thought it was deep but they just retold the Christ story twice.