Anyone here trying Quibi

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
How would you fix it?

I think it was a bad idea from the jump.
I just remembered
Quibi's main selling point was the turn your phone to landscape and get more of the shot feature
they have to sell that patent to a company like Facebook, Twitter, or TikTok and let people use it for their own videos.
twitter buys it and gets a new quibi feature

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I just remembered
Quibi's main selling point was the turn your phone to landscape and get more of the shot feature
they have to sell that patent to a company like Facebook, Twitter, or TikTok and let people use it for their own videos.
twitter buys it and gets a new quibi feature

But doesn't the content need to be filmed a certain way or with certain cameras for it to work?

I don't think you could just sell that idea and have it available to average people for their vlogs and TikTok's

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
@humminbird I just looked it up. The technology is called Turnstyle and it requires the footage to be filmed with 2 cameras - one recording wide and the other recording vertical, but even then it's not the creators or producers who put it together, it's Quibi themselves.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
man, this service is dead then.

Since it's a patented technology, their best option is to use that feature to become a VFX/editing company and sell the service to other companies for commercials or music videos or some shyt.

:yeshrug:

Spend billions of dollars to basically become a Special Effects Studio for Post Malone and Selena Gomez videos, brehllionaires

:mjlol:

Daps
How to spend $2 billion quickly.
Did anyone catch Kevin Hart's joint on there?
Was it any good?