Anyone here trying Quibi

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

giphy.gif

I mostly feel bad for all the execs and people he wrapped up into this.

I had a feeling it would bomb when I heard it in 2018

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Based on the content they were announcing over the past 2 years and the people behind that content, this felt like it was gonna bomb and everyone was just grabbing some quick easy money from a sucker.

Can’t say I’m surprised at all.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
cancelling this next weekend in preparation for HBO max, don't know when I getting that but soon

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know anyone who would want to consume actual feature quality content like this. If i want to watch clips or snippets, I have YouTube.

They were better off opening it up to more independent writers, directors and creators as a chance for optimal visibility.

Actually, what would’ve been a good idea was to get independent writers and directors to pitch ideas to A-list actors and have the actors pick what they would want to do. That way, you’d be able to see your favorite names doing out of the box work.

lib123

All Star
Daps
I don’t know anyone who would want to consume actual feature quality content like this. If i want to watch clips or snippets, I have YouTube.

They were better off opening it up to more independent writers, directors and creators as a chance for optimal visibility.

Actually, what would’ve been a good idea was to get independent writers and directors to pitch ideas to A-list actors and have the actors pick what they would want to do. That way, you’d be able to see your favorite names doing out of the box work.

Yeah they should’ve definitely focused on short films that get lost in the mix on YouTube like this