Anyone Here Still Believe In Bioware?

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
After Baldurs gate 3 you just know anything they drop for DA4 is going to be mediocre in comparison. They have switched teams so many times in regards to that game and well you know what they say too many cooks spoil the broth.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
After Baldurs gate 3 you just know anything they drop for DA4 is going to be mediocre in comparison. They have switched teams so many times in regards to that game and well you know what they say too many cooks spoil the broth.
I agree that BG3 will most kill any hype for this game. It's still salvageable if they can go back to the series root with improved combat. I feel turn based combat isn't for everybody, so if they can nail combat. Then I feel there's a chance DA4 can find it's own lane, but I feel there's no hope in it being close to BG3 as an immersive RPG>

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
Man, DAI is personal classic for me. Agreed on it clearly having originally been more of a multiplayer geared game (the war table STILL annoys me). However, I think one of the many reasons that Dreadwolf has taken so long was that it originally was planned to be even MORE of a live service style game, and they eventually pivoted to more of a single player style game, and had to blow up a lot their work.

Funnily enough, Dreadwolf was originally planned to be a single player game. Then that version was scrapped and it was rebooted to be a multiplayer live service game. Then, once Anthem flopped and EA saw how well Jedi Fallen Order performed, they were allowed to scrap THAT version and pivot back to being a single player game

The original version of the game sounded A LOT like what we ended up getting with Baldur's Gate 3:

"the game's goal was to put emphasis on choice and consequence and have smaller areas and fewer fetch quests than Inquisition did. One developer commented on the idea of "repeat play" for DA4, which would have seen in-game areas change over time with missions that had multiple branches (which would even allow for "non-standard game overs" if too many bad decisions were made).

One former BioWare developer who worked on this project even stated, 'We were working towards something very cool, a hugely reactive game, smaller in scope than Dragon Age: Inquisition, but much larger in player choice, followers, reactivity, and depth. I'm sad that game will never get made.'"

So you know the people who worked on that version are looking at the critical and commercial success of BD3 and feeling some kind of way, knowing that's the kind of game they originally wanted to make. If you look at / read the leaks about the current version of the game, it seems like we're getting a something that plays like Mass Effect. Who knows if that'll be good or not for a Dragon Age game. I hope it is, because I love this franchise, but with all the chaos around it's development, I doubt it

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
the actual gameplay of Anthem was fukkin solid tho

did you actually play Anthem for yourself or are you just regurgitating what clickbait youtubers say?
The gameplay was solid. It's literally everything else that caused it to flop. Similar to Darktide imo