Anyone Here Still Believe In Bioware?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

A spokesperson for EA said that the company was unable to come to an agreement with a part of Keywords, a big game services firm, that provides playtesting services. In June 2022, this small part of Keywords had a group of contractors who voted to unionize.

EA said it was unable to create a new contract and so will let that current one expire on September 27. It's not clear what will happen to the contractors without the EA contract, but it's fair to guess that some jobs will likely be lost over at Keywords unless they find other work.

An industry source said EA has renewed work orders with Keywords Studios since their employees voted to unionize in June 2022. But the source added that, in this instance, the two companies simply couldn't agree to terms. The Keywords contract requirements exceeded what EA/Bioware needed given the change in development approach at the studio.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its not looking good for BioWare in general these days. its a good thing their name still has some prestige attached to it

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
This was the thread i was looking for to post this lol

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still have faith we'll get a good Mass effect 5.
Why? Many of the prominent people that made Mass Effect are mostly gone. Mac Walters, Drew Karpyshyn, Casey Hudson, Jesse Houston. I mean I hope it's good but can't say I have faith. Those people that left wrote, directed, and produced the original trilogy.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
BioWare isn’t really BioWare from the 00’s anymore. Thats the downside to massive corporate buyouts people just slowly taper off and leave, especially as the parent company pushes the studio into an awkward direction (multiplayer).

BioWare put out two catastrophic failures and its been almost 5 years since their last game with their next no where in sight.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Why? Many of the prominent people that made Mass Effect are mostly gone. Mac Walters, Drew Karpyshyn, Casey Hudson, Jesse Houston. I mean I hope it's good but can't say I have faith. Those people that left wrote, directed, and produced the original trilogy.
Maybe they'll make a game that's like ME but called something else. A spiritual successor if you will like the Xeno series?

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
I don’t have faith in DA4 being good. I loved DAI too much to give them that much grace.

I would be shocked if it wasn’t a complete shyt show on the level of ANTHEM.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
They are cooked. They burnt out all their talent after Dragon Age Inquisition. EA replaced management with bean counters, and Bioware lead guys went corporate, fall off, and completely out of touch with gaming.

They got soooo desperate and resurrect Mass Effect IP. They are in a bad spot.