Anyone here played in the school band?

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I'm not from NY :what: you're trying too hard. My high school band was in trick daddy's video

They were still nerds :manny:

In my experience people who didn't like black show bands were cacs and or rhythmless folk :manny: . People in the neighborhoods didn't really shyt on band not even the local thug nikkas. It was really about having fun. People actually came to the football games for the band.

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
In my experience people who didn't like black show bands were cacs and or rhythmless folk :manny: . People in the neighborhoods didn't really shyt on band not even the local thug nikkas. It was really about having fun. People actually came to the football games for the band.
Jesus Christ really going the extra mile here :beli: I didn't say I didnt enjoy the band, I loved all that shyt. The band is a big thing in southern culture. When our football team sucked people still showed up to games for the band. Now, like I said, the kids in the band were fukking nerdy kids :manny: if you were a nerd, u were a nerd. Own it :jawalrus:

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
I've "played" the trumpet and the flute but I'm an idiot so I never figured out how to properly read music or correlating notes to how I postition my fingers :francis:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Jesus Christ really going the extra mile here :beli: I didn't say I didnt enjoy the band, I loved all that shyt. The band is a big thing in southern culture. When our football team sucked people still showed up to games for the band. Now, like I said, the kids in the band were fukking nerdy kids :manny: if you were a nerd, u were a nerd. Own it :jawalrus:
Not everyone in the band was a nerd. I don't really care about being a nerd or not. High school is long gone. You keep wanting to make the band out to be a bunch nerds when most were just regular kids in the band. Its just not true in my experience. Just because they were not involved in some criminal activity does not make them nerds.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I played the baritone in middle school, I quit in high school cause carrying that huge case home every other day onto the bus was annoying af