Anyone here played in the school band?

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
Of course this is me playing some Hendrix..

:myman:

I just started bass about a year ago, but I just started getting serious about it close to 6 months ago. And I just picked up guitar a few months ago.

Its fun as hell even though Im not any good yet lol

Any music theory tips?

John Mayer

In your atmosphere
Daps
Reppin
Paradise Valley
:myman:

I just started bass about a year ago, but I just started getting serious about it close to 6 months ago. And I just picked up guitar a few months ago.

Its fun as hell even though Im not any good yet lol

Any music theory tips?
Go to Amazon and get "music theory for guitarist" by Tom Kolb that's what I used when I first started.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I didn't play in the school band but I did used to play piano at school recitals and did school plays...lol.

In school I played the clarinet, piano, recorder, and guitar.

Then in my freshman year of high school, I traded all my instruments for two turntables and a mixer...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
First chair saxophone in 8th grade. :ehh:

I'm white and went to a white school. Sounds like I had a completely different experience than you guys and I was done after middle school. That shyt was not fun and the instructor was a prick. :yeshrug:

Daps
alto saxaphone 6-8 th grade and part of 9th grade....farthest i made it was Intermediate Band, and got dropped back down to begining band ( start skippin school school alot 7-8th grade)

:beli:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Marched in high school & Bama State

Ain’t nothing like a SWAC game. I encourage all brehs to attend a game at least once featuring any band in the SWAC besides FAMU & Cookman’s boring asses.

MEAC, CIAA & SIAC are cool & i respect them but the SWAC bands are the big dawgs of the HBCU band world