Anyone have an Instant Pot

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
Sounds like you already have some experience making them the traditional way. Man I think based on your post, I'm going have to try this for myself :ohhh: I have the Ninja foodi btw. Like you, I'll probably do a small trial batch. Maybe I'll pick up some Masa tomorrow and try a few batches this weekend. Do you prepare your own or buy premixed?

Bought premixed. I say go for it breh, there's some good recipes out there too. I don't have the colander for mine (which may have helped) but since I wasn't making too many it didn't really hurt me. If you go for it, let me know how they turn out. :salute:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Made some chili the other week with sour cream and chives:whoo:

Some of the recipes I find are limited.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Bought premixed. I say go for it breh, there's some good recipes out there too. I don't have the colander for mine (which may have helped) but since I wasn't making too many it didn't really hurt me. If you go for it, let me know how they turn out. :salute:
It's about to fukking go down breh :jawalrus: How much water you put in the pot?
IMG-20191213-164630.jpg

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
My man :salute:

I'd never really cooked in the instant pot before (besides soup) so once I prepped I just followed the directions here: https://flavorrd.com/2014/04/instant-pot-tamale-party/

This calls for 1 cup of water

Best of luck breh, let me know how it turns out :myman:
Yo that shyt came out cool breh :gladbron:
I did a dozen in a trial run yesterday, a cup of water 20 mins high pressure natural release and they are piff. Made with red chile beef, I might have to do a green pepper cheese or chile verde chicken tamale. Spreading and wrapping will get quicker the more I do it (1st timer), only slight issue I had was the prepared masa I got is a little greasy for my preference but no issues with the cooker.
Good looks fam :salute:
Got 10lbs masa, I'm gone get busy today. Hope it ain't tougher to work with since I refrigerated it last night, it was warm when I picked it up from the market.
Peace
IMG-20191214-074755.jpg

tater

Superstar
Daps
So, I bought an insignia brand 6 qt for $30. The first thing I made was this Indian fish curry. It was just okay, I feel like I could have made it on the stove just as quickly. Maybe because it was just fish. :yeshrug:

I’ll see what other things I can make, but I wasn’t super impressed.

• Dap
Reactions: F K

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This was a great purchase for me. I basically have 2. A normal Instant Pot and a Ninja Foodi Smartlid. Also have the Cosori Dual Blaze air fryer. This makes it so I can cook meals and finish multiple parts around the same time. Don’t want food getting cold while I’m cooking other food.