Anyone have an Instant Pot

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So a crook pot :ld:

With a pressure cooker.

The electric pressure cooker is the most important factor.

Put in some still frozen chicken thighs or breasts (boneless) add some seasoning, a cup of broth. Close the lid and in 1 hour you have fully cooked shredded chicken.

That's cool if you want to make a dip, or tacos or some shyt.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Ninja Foodi's are pricey. But it air fries. I don't think the instapot does

Ninja makes better products. Pretty soon folks will barely use stove tops

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Cop whatever you can get on sale.

Ninja is good
Wave is good
Phillips is good

As far as size maybe start with a 6qt and go up. I've heard people get a 4 or 6 then say it was too small for them. I have a 10 :manny:

The chicken recipe is
  • Boneless skinless thighs
  • Lemon pepper seasoning
  • Spinach leaves
  • Romaine lettuce (or spring mix which is baby greens and spinach)
Preheat the air fryer to 400 (mine takes 3 minutes to do so.

Wash the thighs off, completely dry them with paper towels.

Spray a little bit of olive oil or cook spray. All this does is make the seasoning adhere (stick) to the chicken. Flip the thighs and repeat the process.

Put the thighs in the fryer. I usually have some thick thighs so I do 11 minutes, flip then another 11 minutes. I also do 2-4. When I've had thinner and or smaller I've done 9 mins per side.

That's it, it beeps, it's done. You eat.

The damn chicken is so juicy and we'll seasoned, you eat it over the leaves, the drippings drip down, you got the crunchy ass leaves, you don't need chips or salad dressing or sauce or nothing.
Good looks.

I copped this of $58.

Process went back up to $150

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ninja Foodi's are pricey. But it air fries. I don't think the instapot does

Ninja makes better products. Pretty soon folks will barely use stove tops

I'm talking my lady into letting me buy a new stove with an air fryer built in!!!!

She gets pissed when I buy a new gun or music equipment, gadget or something, now that I want something for us she's still like :usure:

She's right though it might use more energy since I use it everyday.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I'm talking my lady into letting me buy a new stove with an air fryer built in!!!!

She gets pissed when I buy a new gun or music equipment, gadget or something, now that I want something for us she's still like :usure:

She's right though it might use more energy since I use it everyday.
It does though because of the technology. My bill went up when I used the air fryer daily

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Made some home made chicken soup and tamales in a fraction of the time it would’ve taken me normally. These joints are Illmatic :wow:
Yo you did the tamales? How they come out? Was thinking of pricking up some prepared Masa and trying for the first time this year.

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
Yo you did the tamales? How they come out? Was thinking of pricking up some prepared Masa and trying for the first time this year.

Yeah man, just prepped em like normal and threw em in on the manual setting for about 20 minutes. For reference, I got the biggest Instant Pot, and only made about a dozen to test the method, but the joints came out flames :blessed:

FYI, they do come out a bit watery at first, but once you open up the leaf and let em sit about 5 seconds they're perfect.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Yeah man, just prepped em like normal and threw em in on the manual setting for about 20 minutes. For reference, I got the biggest Instant Pot, and only made about a dozen to test the method, but the joints came out flames :blessed:

FYI, they do come out a bit watery at first, but once you open up the leaf and let em sit about 5 seconds they're perfect.
Sounds like you already have some experience making them the traditional way. Man I think based on your post, I'm going have to try this for myself :ohhh: I have the Ninja foodi btw. Like you, I'll probably do a small trial batch. Maybe I'll pick up some Masa tomorrow and try a few batches this weekend. Do you prepare your own or buy premixed?