Anyone Else Not Give A **** About These "Tragic" Events?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Well, it's a sad incident.
It makes me think twice like, I need to pack heat everywhere I go because you never know when someone is going to go psycho shooting spree, or maybe it's a thug with a gun who wants money, or a gangter trying to get some street cred by shooting a random person.

In this and many cases like it, you having a gun would not make any difference. If a thug approaches you with a loaded gun, you would not be able to get to your weapon and shoot him before he shoots you. Guns are part of the problem not the solution.

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
Why is that when 12 (white) people die in a movie theater over the span of a day, it receives international media coverage and attention, yet when hundreds of millions of black slaves are systematically murdered and stripped of their humanity and identity over the course of a few centuries, nobody bats an eyelash? Not even the damn negros who are affected by it even care because white people have told them not to.

To add insult to injury, even so much as speaking about it in general has us told to "get over it" and "go back to Africa" if we don't like it.

:sad:

Think about the state of affairs we're in friends. It's good to stop and appreciate lives and remember those lost in tragic events, but when events which are not as serious are given more attention than the genocide of millions, perhaps we should reconsider our priorities.

It's SOHH demonic friends. :sitdown:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
In this and many cases like it, you having a gun would not make any difference. If a thug approaches you with a loaded gun, you would not be able to get to your weapon and shoot him before he shoots you. Guns are part of the problem not the solution.
Every situation is different. Having a gun would make a difference. You just haven't had training.
Couple days ago, a 92 year old white dude shot back at robbers at an internet cafe. Did he die? Nope. Having a gun totally changed the situation. He came out alive.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's not that I don't care I'm just tired of all the same coverage over and over again asking the same questions and covering it from the same angles. Every time something like this happens its the same style coverage.

Red Omega

MANTRA
Daps
Reppin
New York
Why is that when 12 (white) people die in a movie theater over the span of a day, it receives international media coverage and attention, yet when hundreds of millions of black slaves are systematically murdered and stripped of their humanity and identity over the course of a few centuries, nobody bats an eyelash? Not even the damn negros who are affected by it even care because white people have told them not to.

To add insult to injury, even so much as speaking about it in general has us told to "get over it" and "go back to Africa" if we don't like it.

:sad:

Think about the state of affairs we're in friends. It's good to stop and appreciate lives and remember those lost in tragic events, but when events which are not as serious are given more attention than the genocide of millions, perhaps we should reconsider our priorities.

It's SOHH demonic friends. :sitdown:

:mindblown:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Every situation is different. Having a gun would make a difference. You just haven't had training.

:rudy: almost nobody has the proper training to disarm an assailant and get the upper hand, and if they do, they don't need a gun to do it. If guns saved lives then why do we never here about the robbers/gunmen being shot down by a citizen with a ccw license. This isn't the movies your not going to get to your gun and pull the trigger before the gunman does.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I keep hearing everyone talking about how sad, tragic this is. People on the news shedding tears, "man that was horrible" like they actually care. Then I get asked and I gotta say "yeah that was pretty bad :ehh:"

Seems like every time something like this happens I can't give two shyts unless I'm affected directly.

Do you really care? Why?

Yeah it sucks that some people died, but I didn't know any of them so :manny:

Many ppl have a hard time admitting they feel the same way. Acting like they care helps ppl sleep at night. It helps maintain their belief that they're good people inside. Real nikkas keep it 100

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
:rudy: almost nobody has the proper training to disarm an assailant and get the upper hand, and if they do, they don't need a gun to do it. If guns saved lives then why do we never here about the robbers/gunmen being shot down by a citizen with a ccw license. This isn't the movies your not going to get to your gun and pull the trigger before the gunman does.
average people dont realize how how difficult it is to hit a person 30 yards away with optimal conditions. Handguns are easily taken off target if you squeeze the trigger too tight

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
As for proper training, it exists. I can't let you know the details because that's all on a need to know basis. And in your case, you don't need to know. :myman:

There are stories of robber/gunmen being shot down by a citizen with a ccw license.
71-year-old man in Internet cafe shoots robbers
You can google for other stories. It's up to you whether you want to find out the truth or not.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People care because it's called empathy. If you don't have it, something is making you insensitive to the loss of human life. How would you like it if someone killed your family for no reason and people are like hey who gives a shyt about that family and the people affected?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is that when 12 (white) people die in a movie theater over the span of a day, it receives international media coverage and attention, yet when hundreds of millions of black slaves are systematically murdered and stripped of their humanity and identity over the course of a few centuries, nobody bats an eyelash?

:what:

Call me crazy but didn't we have a war about this?

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
All events like this are sad.... but people taking it to the next level saying "I'm never going to the movies/school/NY/etc again" are a bit much. You still have to live your life.

Let me take you out to the movies...:myman: