Anyone doubting the legitimacy of evolution NEEDS to watch the second episode of COSMOS

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
That's an interesting look, but also understand that the people who "wrote" wrote the Bible ect. Had no knowledge of these scientific truths, and its eerie that there could even be similarities.

Let's stay with the creation story for instance. The fact that we now know that the chemicals that make up the earth make up humans, but the texts says that "man" was "molded" from clay the most fundamental building substance of the planet is amazing. Let us remember science has been chasing God since we were capable of complex thought. The tower of Babel, Archaeology, Anthropology, Space travel you could say they all have a deep rooted origin in trying to find or explain either God or the origins of Man. So either science will find God or God is science and we haven't made the connection yet. The wisdom of science and much of the allegory in religion is the same type of knolwege.

So to say man was made from "clay" is technically true, from a certain point of view.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree. Although I obviously don't believe in God, science and religion are brothers in intent, and were invented by humans for the same purpose.

I'm just saying, the fact that there is no evidence to support the assertion that the Bible was intended as allegory for modern scientific understanding(which we weren't at the type capable of understanding) makes the notion that evolution and creationism need not be mutually exclusive... easy to dismiss.

For someone in the pro-science/anti-religion camp it seems like religion is just (disingenuously) compromising its position so it doesn't lose its seat at the table.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Colonialzation has done a number on the motherland the same way slavery did:mjpls:

although they were able to maintain some of their culture and language, i almost think it did a number on them worst than african americans. dudes are straight up unapologetic christians that refuse to use critical thinking. they come over here praising white jesus and white people simultaneously.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
this is gonna sound strange and completely out of left field(which is everyday parlance for moi)but Terra Firma will only get "new" answers when my ancestors and other extraterrestrials reappear...be they malevolent or benevolent
In other words 30 years from now this documentary will be a worthless piece of shyt

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I still never understood why evolution and creationism have to be two separate things when even religious scholars tout that allegory and metaphor are completely preset in the texts.

Adam being molded from clay is simply a metaphor for being made up of the same materials that the earth, and thus the universe, is made up of. The rib could be again a metaphor for stating that we all came from one or single celled organisms and the need for sexual reproduction only came later.
I'm no biologist, nor am I a religious scholar but I still don't see why this is even an argument in 2014. If God is the creator of all that means he is the creator of evolution as well...:manny:
You don't get to just say its a metaphor without opening up the rest of the bible is also a metaphor.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
evolution is a theory not a fact.

I have never heard any scientist say "evolution fact"

Evolution is a fact.

It just is.

Evolution is the phenomenon. It happens.

Evolution via mutation and natural selection is the theory that explains the phenomenon.

Just like how germ theory and virology explain infection and disease.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree. Although I obviously don't believe in God, science and religion are brothers in intent, and were invented by humans for the same purpose.

I'm just saying, the fact that there is no evidence to support the assertion that the Bible was intended as allegory for modern scientific understanding(which we weren't at the type capable of understanding) makes the notion that evolution and creationism need not be mutually exclusive... easy to dismiss.

For someone in the pro-science/anti-religion camp it seems like religion is just (disingenuously) compromising its position so it doesn't lose its seat at the table.

I get ya man, I wasn't raised to be anything but I came to Christianity, however, it never took away my appreciation of empirical evidence. But at the same time it gave me faith. I consider myself a Scientific Christian, i feel that the "God" and "Science" are one. Jesus was his son and a human with total access to the full capabilities of the human form. He was our salvation but also an example of what humanity could achieve, and if we look things like flight, "walking" on water, space travel, stem cell research...these are all damn near God level things that we seem to think nothing of.

Science and God is on the same wave length in my experience.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Evolution is a fact.

It just is.

Evolution is the phenomenon. It happens.

Evolution via mutation and natural selection is the theory that explains the phenomenon.

Just like how germ theory and virology explain infection and disease.

nobody is disagrees with that people who dismiss evolution are referring to man coming from apes

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
That's an interesting look, but also understand that the people who "wrote" wrote the Bible ect. Had no knowledge of these scientific truths, and its eerie that there could even be similarities.

Let's stay with the creation story for instance. The fact that we now know that the chemicals that make up the earth make up humans, but the texts says that "man" was "molded" from clay the most fundamental building substance of the planet is amazing. Let us remember science has been chasing God since we were capable of complex thought. The tower of Babel, Archaeology, Anthropology, Space travel you could say they all have a deep rooted origin in trying to find or explain either God or the origins of Man. So either science will find God or God is science and we haven't made the connection yet. The wisdom of science and much of the allegory in religion is the same type of knolwege.

So to say man was made from "clay" is technically true, from a certain point of view.

If we're gonna keep it 100, lets do that.

100 years ago, you wouldn't make this argument. You couldn't. We simply didn't know enough.

Now

We

Do.

Science can't "find" god beacuse theists keep moving the goalposts on the very word, much less the concept.

Its sheer "God-of-the-gaps" that they use.

And you're playing with words to assert that "clay" which is mostly silicon and other metals is the same as carbon. Thats not a similarity. It also speaks to how much of a reach you're willing to go through.

Its not.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I get ya man, I wasn't raised to be anything but I came to Christianity, however, it never took away my appreciation of empirical evidence. But at the same time it gave me faith. I consider myself a Scientific Christian, i feel that the "God" and "Science" are one. Jesus was his son and a human with total access to the full capabilities of the human form. He was our salvation but also an example of what humanity could achieve, and if we look things like flight, "walking" on water, space travel, stem cell research...these are all damn near God level things that we seem to think nothing of.

Science and God is on the same wave length in my experience.
:dwillhuh:

"
2 Peter 1:20
Parallel Verses
New International Version
Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation of things.New Living Translation
Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet's own understanding,English Standard Version
knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation.New American Standard Bible
But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation,King James Bible
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.Holman Christian Standard Bible
First of all, you should know this: No prophecy of Scripture comes from one's own interpretation, International Standard Version
First of all, you must understand this: No prophecy in Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, NET Bible
Above all, you do well if you recognize this: No prophecy of scripture ever comes about by the prophet's own imagination,Aramaic Bible in Plain English
While you first know this: No prophecy is its own exposition of the Scriptures.GOD'S WORD® Translation
First, you must understand this: No prophecy in Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation.Jubilee Bible 2000
understanding this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.King James 2000 Bible
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of one's own interpretation.American King James Version
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.American Standard Version
knowing this first, that no prophecy of scripture is of private interpretation.Douay-Rheims Bible
Understanding this first, that no prophecy of scripture is made by private interpretation. Darby Bible Translation
knowing this first, that [the scope of] no prophecy of scripture is had from its own particular interpretation,English Revised Version
knowing this first, that no prophecy of scripture is of private interpretation.Webster's Bible Translation
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.Weymouth New Testament
But, above all, remember that no prophecy in Scripture will be found to have come from the prophet's own prompting;World English Bible
knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of private interpretation.Young's Literal Translation
this first knowing, that no prophecy of the Writing doth come of private exposition,"

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
how do you explain Africans who are Christians today?
Who enslaved them?
Can't focus on evolution though, can you? :usure:

Primarily why I tagged your dumb ass in here.

I feel sorry for your kid already. Growing up at a disadvantage, unable to compete in a fast moving world of ideas and discovery.