Anyone doubting the legitimacy of evolution NEEDS to watch the second episode of COSMOS

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
I still never understood why evolution and creationism have to be two separate things when even religious scholars tout that allegory and metaphor are completely preset in the texts.

Adam being molded from clay is simply a metaphor for being made up of the same materials that the earth, and thus the universe, is made up of. The rib could be again a metaphor for stating that we all came from one or single celled organisms and the need for sexual reproduction only came later.

I'm no biologist, nor am I a religious scholar but I still don't see why this is even an argument in 2014. If God is the creator of all that means he is the creator of evolution as well...:manny:
The issue is that there is no evidence that the Bible was intended as allegory. "D'evils" from Jay-Z can serve as the perfect allegory for the Breaking Bad tv show, yet it obviously was not intended as such.

Religious scholars tout that allegory is present in texts because they have to. At this point "science" is undeniable. They have to compromise, otherwise they would lose whatever traction they have left with "the people". Don't forget that centuries ago a lot of people were tortured and burned at the stake for contradicting the Bible. But today they no longer have that kind of power, so they have to make a deal with the devil, as it were...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
chris.b stay kewning. this the same african that believes slavery was a good thing, because it introduced us to jesus christ :rudy:

i'll never understand these fukkboys that defend religion but scoff at science

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
chris.b stay kewning. this the same african that believes slavery was a good thing, because it introduced us to jesus christ :rudy:
That's a misrepresentation of my position.

I called it evil.

But at the same time what gave the early slaves hope is that they found Christ.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The issue is that there is no evidence that the Bible was intended as allegory. "D'evils" from Jay-Z can serve as the perfect allegory for the Breaking Bad tv show, yet it obviously was not intended as such.

Religious scholars tout that allegory is present in texts because they have to. At this point "science" is undeniable. They have to compromise, otherwise they would lose whatever traction they have left with "the people". Don't forget that centuries ago a lot of people were tortured and burned at the stake for contradicting the Bible. But today they no longer have that kind of power, so they have to make a deal with the devil, as it were...

That's an interesting look, but also understand that the people who "wrote" wrote the Bible ect. Had no knowledge of these scientific truths, and its eerie that there could even be similarities.

Let's stay with the creation story for instance. The fact that we now know that the chemicals that make up the earth make up humans, but the texts says that "man" was "molded" from clay the most fundamental building substance of the planet is amazing. Let us remember science has been chasing God since we were capable of complex thought. The tower of Babel, Archaeology, Anthropology, Space travel you could say they all have a deep rooted origin in trying to find or explain either God or the origins of Man. So either science will find God or God is science and we haven't made the connection yet. The wisdom of science and much of the allegory in religion is the same type of knolwege.

So to say man was made from "clay" is technically true, from a certain point of view.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's a misrepresentation of my position.

I called it evil.

But at the same time what gave the early slaves hope is that they found Christ.
A case can be made slavery and colonization were a necessary evil in order for blacks to know Jesus.
God works in mysterious ways.

straight kewn shyt