Anyone doubting the legitimacy of evolution NEEDS to watch the second episode of COSMOS

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Umm no. Science isn't a way of life or the answer, it's the method of finding the answers. Us admitting we don't know WHERE the energy came from or if it was always there isn't "faith" or religion but we know that that created the universe as we know it WAS there.

You haven't proven your point yet so I'm still waiting.

We're not talking about science, we are specifically discussing the big bang and evolution

Again you're mixing contexts. You can't compare science and belief in God. It's like comparing
man to a hammer. People who get caught up in the comparison have not really thought it through.

A critical thinker knows you can make a religion out of anything. People worship other people and material things, even concepts like science, so the comparison is not in the same scope.

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nikka, EXPLAIN HOW THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION IS DISPROVEN BY THE LAWS OF THERMODYNAMICS AND CONSERVATION OF ENERGY!

NOT THE BIG BANG WHICH IS SOMETHING TOTALLY SEPARATE BUT THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION!

you're telling me to prove something I never stated(those laws disprove the big bang), either YOU don't understand science or you're caught up in your emotions and didn't comprehend the discussion you and I had. Pick one.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
the fact that theories get UPDATED and soemtimes disproven doesn't mean anything.

Thats a benefit of science.

We know things until we realize we were wrong. Thats the beauty of evidence.

so why be arrogant if there is a chance that everything u know might one day be as false as moses parting the red sea?

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're not talking about science, we are specifically discussing the big bang and evolution

Again you're mixing contexts. You can't compare science and belief in God. It's like comparing
man to a hammer. People who get caught up in the comparison havn't really thought it through.

A critical thinker knows you can make a religion out of anything. People worship other people and material things, even concepts like science, so the comparison is not in the same scope.

The theory of evolution as the conception of life and theory of the Big Bang as a means of the start of the universe as we know it today have nothing to do with each other.

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you're telling me to prove something I never stated(those laws disprove the big bang), either YOU don't understand science or you're caught up in your emotions and didn't comprehend the discussion you and I had. Pick one.

That's literally not what you said! Go back and reread the message you quoted when you brought up those laws.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
@Phitz

:pachaha:

xB0frNr.png

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Why does it have to be one or the other?

I've yet to be convinced that Evolution is a fact. It's still a theory. I grew up in Christianity, but I started questioning it from a very early age.. somewhere around 11-13, and that's without outside influence. Some things just didn't sit right with me, and heaven and hell to this day, are still not things I care about, nor is creationism.

"WHY?" <--------- That word, as long as it exists, we will move mountains to come up with answers. That's not necessarily a bad thing as it's through our relentless efforts of trying to figure out "why?" and coming up with answers as best as we can that lead up to us being where we are right now. That being said, we're arrogant. A few hundred years ago we thought we'd fall off the earth if we sailed too far west. Now, without shyt for evidence, we think we can answer damn near everything the universe throws at us. It's like a toddler thinking they can solve a differential equation now that they've just learned how to count to 10. When we don't understand things we make up theories, but most of the theories we come up with are severely hampered by the fact that they're based upon earth as we know it. The furthest we've ever physically been is the moon(Just outside of our solar system if you count Voyager), yet we think we know enough about the universe to put a time stamp on its "birth" and how it "began". We're talking about a species that has yet to solve its energy and food crisis, a species that doesn't understand enough about itself and its surroundings to come up with vaccines for diseases that's been destroying it for centuries, a species that still can't or refuses to put aside petty differences for the betterment of itself, a species that's individually and collectively narcissistic, a species that purposely setup situations where most of its own kind suffers so that a few can live extravagantly. You mean a species like this is gonna come up with a correct theory of "when" the universe came into existence? We're still in our infancy, no doubt we're making strides, but we're trying to run before we're able to crawl. 1500-2000 years from now we'll be looking like cave men to our descendants, but that's the way it works. Our successors will build upon the knowledge we've left them and a lot of theories will be torn down and rebuilt with the discovery of new things. New ways of thinking will arise and even be applied to theories we use today on some "this changes everything" type shyt.

That's just my $0.02.

Powerful post..:wow:

I grew up in the church and I once thought that the Bible was the inspired word of god but those days are gone. I'm no Christian but I'm certainly not an Atheist either. I find it amusing that Atheists are so quick to jump on the religious for blind faith, when they themselves rely on assumptions that had to happen over millions of years to justify their theory. They call that science and yet the scientific method states that claims must be observable.
You scientists observing these mutations over a million years? :mjpls:
I'm fine with Natural selection and variation within a species because we can observe that, but even then those are typically just physical features.

How in the world does the octopus or its ancestor suddenly one day acquire the ability to use camouflage?:mindblown:

Basically, we don't know anything when it comes to the grand scheme of the universe. And I think it's foolish for anyone, religious or Atheist, to walk around with a dogmatic attitude thinking their way is the right way.

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The theory of evolution as the conception of life and theory of the Big Bang as a means of the start of the universe as we know it today have nothing to do with each other.

lol you sound like you're talking in circles now

it's ok, it's your belief system.. you put faith in it is all I'm trying to day.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

man to a hammer. People who get caught up in the comparison have not really thought it through.

Science has NOTHING to do with "theism" cause "god" never comes up in an answer to anything.

Theres no A + B + god + C = X :heh:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Powerful post..:wow:

I grew up in the church and I once thought that the Bible was the inspired word of god but those days are gone. I'm no Christian but I'm certainly not an Atheist either. I find it amusing that Atheists are so quick to jump on the religious for blind faith, when they themselves rely on assumptions that had to happen over millions of years to justify their theory. They call that science and yet the scientific method states that claims must be observable.
You scientists observing these mutations over a million years? :mjpls:

We can study the rate of mutations

http://eebweb.arizona.edu/blast/RNA_Lecture.pdf

I'm fine with Natural selection and variation within a species because we can observe that, but even then those are typically just physical features.

How in the world does the octopus or its ancestor suddenly one day acquire the ability to use camouflage?:mindblown:

Basically, we don't know anything when it comes to the grand scheme of the universe. And I think it's foolish for anyone, religious or Atheist, to walk around with a dogmatic attitude thinking their way is the right way.
Because sometimes there is a SINGLE mutation that favors one niche.

Thats the point.

Throughout the vast degree of mutations, there is just ONE that some how manages to be selected for.

And we're talking YEARS of selection.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Neil deGrasse Tyson is really one of my heroes.

Doubting evolution makes no sense to me. I'm Catholic and I really laugh at people who think the human species just appeared out of thin air...

:ohhh:

You laugh at humans appearing out of thin air..

Do you also laugh at universal matter appearing out of thin air as a result of the Big Bang?

:ohhh:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
I still never understood why evolution and creationism have to be two separate things when even religious scholars tout that allegory and metaphor are completely preset in the texts.

Adam being molded from clay is simply a metaphor for being made up of the same materials that the earth, and thus the universe, is made up of. The rib could be again a metaphor for stating that we all came from one or single celled organisms and the need for sexual reproduction only came later.

I'm no biologist, nor am I a religious scholar but I still don't see why this is even an argument in 2014. If God is the creator of all that means he is the creator of evolution as well...:manny:

They're not meant to co-exist. And that's the way it should be. One is a deception and meant to debase mankind to the likeness of a beast.

Daps
Reppin
London
@Phitz

Tell me how "it" goes against the laws of thermodynamics and conversation of mass.

Still waiting.

While you're at explaining, perhaps you can expand on this:

"Many who's [sic] belief system revolve around evolution, conveniently forget the law of limitation of variation in progeny"