Anyone doubting the legitimacy of evolution NEEDS to watch the second episode of COSMOS

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
loving this show :ohlawd:

Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-he-came-to-teach-us-things.jpg

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
@Napoleon address my comment. If you are so much in the corner of evolution, why can't you allow for individual determination for beliefs? you force your atheistic beliefs off on us as much as a Westboro Baptist member.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
did you not see the it? the phrase followed by the question mark. :stopitslime:
you're free to think whatever you want, but there comes a time when we must confirm all speculation

Nothing you say is confirmed.

Doesn't mean its wrong...but merely you don't present a good case to take anything you say seriously.

You should do a better job defending your arguments.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
you're free to think whatever you want, but there comes a time when we must confirm all speculation

Nothing you say is confirmed.

Doesn't mean its wrong...but merely you don't present a good case to take anything you say seriously.

You should do a better job defending your arguments.
it IS confirmed that your force your beliefs off on people. How does that make you any different from the Christians persecuting others? And why are you so concerned with matters that happened ages ago, when there are so many current issues? Who cares where we came from? Lets focus on where we are going.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Neil deGrasse Tyson is really one of my heroes.

Doubting evolution makes no sense to me. I'm Catholic and I really laugh at people who think the human species just appeared out of thin air...

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
laughevil_zps4c82e75d.png
are you serious fam? so you can come up with a study that shows water boils at 10 degrees instead of 212 degrees ? :ohhh: I would love to see you do that since you can prove ANYTHING YOU want, like nobody is going to try and replicate your study.

I too would like to see this. Make sure it's 10 degrees Celsius, at sea-level please.
I'd also like to see a study showing that humans can survive indefinitely in the vacuum of space.
That I can re-grow an arm if I cut mine off.
shyt, while we're at it, I'd like to see a scientific study that proves god. That should save us from having more of these conversations.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
You sure about that?

Cause when you speak in absolutes, you become responsible for proving that.

And you're using the word 'god" because your trying to link the two concepts.

Its logically disingenuous.

i guess im not smart enough to really make u see what im trying to say cause it seems like u dont get it. im not trying to link religions version of god to anything, i dont believe in religion's version of god. you cant deny there is a higher power than all of us. not a person or a being just an energy flow that made it all happen. idk i give up, you are so arrogant in your stance that anybody who doesnt fully 100% agree with you word for word is some kind of fool.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Neil deGrasse Tyson is really one of my heroes.

Doubting evolution makes no sense to me. I'm Catholic and I really laugh at people who think the human species just appeared out of thin air...
:snoop:

Lets say "god did it"

How does that answer anything?

It doesn't tell you HOW it happened or anything. Or what happened.

At least abiogenesis starts with chemistry and works its way up

Biochemistry explains all of this from an atomic level. Is that magic to you, too?

Daps
Reppin
London
again let's not mix contexts, forensic science is GREAT for what it's mostly used for but it does NOT prove that something came out of nothing.

No one said forensic science proves "something came out of nothing". However, research into the universe, and the origins of matter requires a degree of gathering evidence about the past. The methodology does not require faith. That's the point.

Many who's belief system revolve around evolution, conveniently forget the law of limitation of variation in progeny

In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary, "Come again?" How does that prevent the occurrence of evolution?

Furthermore humans share 50% of their dna with a cabbage. I could postulate and come up with a study that 'proves' we came from cabbages.

No, you couldn't.

Again I'll probably be negged, but I feel the heart of this issue among most of the religious-fundamentalists-of-evolution is ego. This belief system allows people to feign 'intelligence' which feeds their ego. It looks more sexy and attractive than some one with a spiritual belief in a higher being. One can impress people with their knowledge and understanding(or lack thereof). One becomes blind to the fact that you still put FAITH in something you nor anyone else has any total understanding of.

We ALL have a religion, whether we admit or not.

Yeah, that's nonsense. Acceptance of the theory of evolution as the most viable explanation for the origins and propagation of species is not religious. If you can dismantle the theory; refute what it shows; break down the science involved in said theory: I, for one. will abandon it. Until then, the evidence speaks.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
i guess im not smart enough to really make u see what im trying to say cause it seems like u dont get it. im not trying to link religions version of god to anything, i dont believe in religion's version of god..
Doesn't matter. You don't get to just take what you liked about religion and make your own religion up.
you cant deny there is a higher power than all of us.
I CAN deny that, because theres no such evidence. Not understanding something doesn't mean theres therefore a higher power.
not a person or a being just an energy flow that made it all happen. idk i give up, you are so arrogant in your stance that anybody who doesnt fully 100% agree with you word for word is some kind of fool

You give up too easily.

Again.

Yesterday we made a foundational confirmation of theories of the big bang. Turns out we were right about how the early universe may have formed.

You dont get to that by just "believing" in shyt before its proven.

There MIGHT be a "deity" out there, but you presupposing it doesn't make you more right.

And you have a LONG way to go to link "supernatural force" with the god of the bible who tells you to do specific things. :stopitslime:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
it IS confirmed that your force your beliefs off on people. How does that make you any different from the Christians persecuting others? And why are you so concerned with matters that happened ages ago, when there are so many current issues? Who cares where we came from? Lets focus on where we are going.
People aren't forcedd to debate me.

I only have these convos online.

ON MESSAGE BOARDS :heh: go figure. :duck:

Anyways, all you want to do is sidestep convo cause you keep losing the debate.

Why can't you focus on the topic then?

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You can't be serious with the bolded :mindblown: