Anyone buying marijuana stocks?

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
I sold most of my ACB shares a while back because they dilute often and have so many shares outstanding. With that being said you should always do your due diligence before overreacting. Like I always say depends on if you're long term or short term investing. This suck for short term but 5- 10 years out they will be one of the only major players in the game.

Excerpt from the article
Right now, the management team at Aurora appears to be hard at work trying to grow their firm. While the latest prospectus issued by the business may be seen as a meaningless thing by some market participants, there is a very real possibility that the firm will tap it and will do so in a way that creates dilution for investors. Given the firm’s current market capitalization, such a move might actually be positive since it will help the business to realize more value down the road, but for this to work out well for current shareholders, it needs to be done with them understanding the tradeoff of owning a smaller piece of a potentially much larger pie.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I sold out of all these weed stocks finally. I think the chances are higher we go into a market correction and they don't make it through to the other side unless some of them get bought out by better companies. Most of them have over-inflated valuations their earnings don't justify.

It's mostly a bunch of people propping them up sitting around hoping that they take off and become the next big thing. There's better more battle tested stable companies to put your money into. Shorting these weed stocks is probably the best move.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wow. The entire cannabis sector is hurting after Aphria earnings. Aurora Cannabis is down 5.7% and my biggest lost this morning. Luckily I have a small position on it and profited a lot on CRON / ACB but I may eventually sell my position and put it into something else.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My portfolio took a huge hit this morning...:sadcam:

Yeah I have a smaller position on Aurora cannabis but I actually bought some more less Friday. Not crazy though but I think I can put it into something better.

Tug life

Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
If you are a short term trader or swing trader, then taking profits soon and dipping is your best bet. If you are actually investing in MJ stocks, then the day to day price fluctuations should not matter. Because if you are actually doing research you know the potential of the stock you hold. Marijuana is here to stay and only getting bigger across the world, the thing is finding which companies you believe will profit off of this. If you have bitcoin like expectations for this sector you probably shouldn't be investing anyway but if you know how to invest will definitely make money.

With hemp being legal in the U.S. now and recreational marijuana use about to be legal in New York catalyst and new opportunities are presenting themselves all the time, and not to mention edibles and other cbd related products being legalized in Canada in October. Now that the smoke has cleared and the hype has died down its time to separate the rookie investors from the vets. People will try to short the wrong stocks and get burned

Cannabis stocks rally after 3 surveys find Americans increasingly favor legalization

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you are a short term trader or swing trader, then taking profits soon and dipping is your best bet. If you are actually investing in MJ stocks, then the day to day price fluctuations should not matter. Because if you are actually doing research you know the potential of the stock you hold. Marijuana is here to stay and only getting bigger across the world, the thing is finding which companies you believe will profit off of this. If you have bitcoin like expectations for this sector you probably shouldn't be investing anyway but if you know how to invest will definitely make money.

With hemp being legal in the U.S. now and recreational marijuana use about to be legal in New York catalyst and new opportunities are presenting themselves all the time, and not to mention edibles and other cbd related products being legalized in Canada in October. Now that the smoke has cleared and the hype has died down its time to separate the rookie investors from the vets. People will try to short the wrong stocks and get burned

Cannabis stocks rally after 3 surveys find Americans increasingly favor legalization

I veer more on the side of short term trading cannabis stocks but I think it is here to stay. I certainly made profit from it. I'm just somewhat skeptical of it with so many players in it prematurely. I sold most my cannabis shares but holding some ACB right now b/ I think they are one of the players in the game now.

Tug life

Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Bank of America analyst Christopher Carey initiated coverage of the following stocks:

• Aurora Cannabis, Inc. (NYSE: ACB), Buy rating, C$15 target (US $11).

• Hexo Corp (NYSE: HEXO), Buy rating, C$14 target ($10).

• Cronos Group Inc (NASDAQ: CRON), Underperform rating, C$17 target ($13).

• Canopy Growth Corp (NYSE: CGC), Buy rating, C$70 target ($52).
The Thesis

Carey said Hexo is Bank of America’s top cannabis stock pick thanks to its compelling market positioning.

“HEXO is our Top Pick in cannabis, screening compelling in our valuation framework vs peers (EV/sales and DCF), and with fundamentals grounded by the most de-risked cannabis supply in Canada (off-take with Quebec), an innovation-forward organization and potential for additional value-add partnerships (beyond that already developed with Molson Canada),” Carey wrote in a note.

Carey is also bullish on Canopy Growth and Aurora. He said Canopy’s 6 million square feet of production capacity and its partnership with alcoholic beverage leader Constellation Brands, Inc. (NYSE:STZ) have it well-positioned to be a long-term market leader. Carey said Aurora is one of the few cannabis companies setting up a global operation, and it has yet to announce a major partnership, leaving open the possibility of a major bullish catalyst.

The only cannabis stock Carey isn't recommending is Cronos. He said Cronos has an impressive balance sheet, but the stock is simply too expensive after more than doubling in the past year.

Yahoo is now part of Oath