Anyone buying marijuana stocks?

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont know too much about otc stocks. For one reason or another they are extremely risky and ended up there for a reason. I learned thay from Namaste. The only pink sheet stock im following is Valens groworks. They Constantly release news and make new deals

Otc stocks where it's at for me..i have a elite membership to a canibus investors club and have access to hundreds of ipos with ratings 1-5 been investing heavy

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
If you are looking to swing trade or sell for some cash this would probably be the week to do it depending on how each company reports earnings. If you are invested in the cannabis sector you definitely need to be paying close attention to ACB tomorrow. If they report bad earnings it could trigger a sector wide sell off and vice versa. But each companies guidance will ultimately determine where they land, high or low.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you are looking to swing trade or sell for some cash this would probably be the week to do it depending on how each company reports earnings. If you are invested in the cannabis sector you definitely need to be paying close attention to ACB tomorrow. If they report bad earnings it could trigger a sector wide sell off and vice versa. But each companies guidance will ultimately determine where they land, high or low.

You think ACB because they have the first earnings call

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Only thing that sucks is it's tomorrow after close.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I brought a good grip of ACB with the little bit of money I had...:mjcry: lets hope tomorrow we get good news in the morning...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I brought a good grip of ACB with the little bit of money I had...:mjcry: lets hope tomorrow we get good news in the morning...
not likely
What To Expect From Cannabis Stocks This Earnings Season (NYSE:ACB)(NYSE:CGC)(NASDAQ:CRON)(NASDAQ:TLRY)
Aurora Cannabis is scheduled to report its results Feb. 11. The company already disappointed investors earlier this month when it released lower-than-expected revenue guidance for the quarter, so investors won't have very high expectations, although the company also said it expects to be cash flow positive in the second calendar quarter.

Aurora's fiscal second-quarter guidance is between $50 million and $55 million, versus a consensus estimate of $67 million. For the previous quarter, Aurora reported a profit of $105.46 million, up 32 percent sequentially. However the company said the increase was largely attributed to its investments in other cannabis businesses.
Aurora Cannabis (NYSE:ACB) Issues Below-Consensus Q2 Revenue Guidance

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This should be an interesting week. I'm holding ACB and CRON right now.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is everyone expecting low numbers for Aurora's earnings call hence why the stock is down?

Tug life

Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Is everyone expecting low numbers for Aurora's earnings call hence why the stock is down?
It could be a sale the news event. Or tutes are looking to get cheap shares. Hopefully they have the same result as Apple. Remember when Apple came out ahead of time and reported lower than expected revenue and the stock tanked. But when they actually reported the stock jumped up. People already knew they were going to have lower than expected revenue since last month. Im hoping for great guidance and good numbers. The sector moves with ACB and CGC

Tug life

Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
I listened to the conference call and my honest opinions are

Pro's
With expansion and the acquisitions they made the have a 20% market share in Canada right now.

The global reach they have established and are continuing to grow

They are not diluting the stock any further.

And the biggest one for me is they expect to be cash flow positive Q4 2019 and they have said before they intend to buy back company stock.

Con's
I dont recall hearing much if anything about moving into the U.S. or hemp.

And obviously the shrinking margins and large losses. The bad part of acquiring so many companies is that they now have to report their loses under Aurora. I think they said $160 million was lost by "the green organic dutchmen" which they own.
And words from the CC on the loses

The decrease [in gross margin] was primarily due to a lower average selling price per gram of dried cannabis, the impact of excise taxes on medical cannabis net revenues, and a temporarily lower proportion of cannabis oil sales in the company’s sales mix ratio. Also impacting gross margin were increased packaging requirements under the Cannabis Act and one-time ramp-up and optimization costs as our Sky facility was brought up to full production,”

They also dont charge the excise tax to their customers, which from my understanding is a tax on medical marijuana which Aurora is against so they have to pay the tax netting the losses. Going forward management has to do better at managing cost. Im still long Aurora and buying it if does dip low.

Tilray and Cronos report tomorrow :whoo: