Anybody here like to ride bikes?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Thanks! I'll probably pull the trigger sometime this week. What did you mean by 'sports oriented' btw?

the Dutch is more upright and comfort/cruising oriented. The swift will put you in a slightly more aero position and the handling will be a bit more responsive due to the angle of the fork. The swift is still a hybrid though, so it’s kind of a blend of upright comfort and stretched out aero seat positioning.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I sent my friend a link to some bikesdirect bikes last week and he just sent me some pics from it arriving today for anyone that is interested.

Send on. Specialty shops around here have backlogs and having other sources to give to friends is useful.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Send on. Specialty shops around here have backlogs and having other sources to give to friends is useful.

bikesdirect.com

They restock pretty frequently. When I sent my friend the links, it said they were out of stock and would be shipping in two weeks, but he still got his only a week after I forwarded them to him

I got two weeks off and wanted to ride everyday, but I'm caught up trying to finish up a bunch of repairs on my house before winter hits :beli:

Mofongo

Pro
Daps
I bought me a solid mountain bike, with some thick tires on em to bring to the trails. Never did start, going up hills my chain would pop off the gear when I pedaled hard. Never took it to the shops cuz it was a 3 week waiting list.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thanks! I'll probably pull the trigger sometime this week. What did you mean by 'sports oriented' btw?
Got my bike 2 weeks ago. I'm still a little nervous riding something that I put together lol but so far so good. It does feels a little 'off' when I try to pedal while standing. Also there is a little resistance when I pedal which makes me thing it could either use greasing or some type of adjustment on the back wheel. I'm gonna recalibrate the back brake calipers to see if that helps out a bit. (It's crazy that after assembling my bike, I know more about maintenance in two weeks than the +5 years I road a preassembled bike as a youngster.) I might still get a tune up once the local bike shop reopens though.

Currently I'm riding it 2x a week in mid 30's weather & 5pm sunset, so I can only imagine how much usage I'll get when things get warmer/sunnier.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got my bike 2 weeks ago. I'm still a little nervous riding something that I put together lol but so far so good. It does feels a little 'off' when I try to pedal while standing. Also there is a little resistance when I pedal which makes me thing it could either use greasing or some type of adjustment on the back wheel. I'm gonna recalibrate the back brake calipers to see if that helps out a bit. (It's crazy that after assembling my bike, I know more about maintenance in two weeks than the +5 years I road a preassembled bike as a youngster.) I might still get a tune up once the local bike shop reopens though.

Currently I'm riding it 2x a week in mid 30's weather & 5pm sunset, so I can only imagine how much usage I'll get when things get warmer/sunnier.
Officially put 1,000 miles of riding in. Gonna likely upgrade to the Windsor Wellington 2.0 after 2,500 miles or so later this year.

Related/unrelated, these black cycling groups are popping nowadays :ehh:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Officially put 1,000 miles of riding in. Gonna likely upgrade to the Windsor Wellington 2.0 after 2,500 miles or so later this year.

Related/unrelated, these black cycling groups are popping nowadays :ehh:

Good stuff, man. Is there something about your current frame that you specifically dont care for? If not, you may simply be better off upgrading its components instead.

Daps
Got a cargo e-bike (Radwagon 4). Damn nearly a car replacement for getting around town.

pxl_20201221_01264364edk2c.jpg

img-1397nxku1.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps
anyone here have a big head and or dreads? ive been wanting a bike heavy but im not gonna ride without a helmet. my head size, even with a fresh cut was a 8.25 fitted... now with my semi-freeform dreads :francis:

will i ever be able to ride brehs :sadcam:
Asked a supposedly black forum for a helmet recommendation for someone with an afro and got no responses. :martin::mjpls:

Heres what I found anyway:shaq2:

S1 Lifer Helmets - Mega Lifer (23"-25.5") - S1 Helmet Co. Official Store

this Bern helmet appears to be suited for large hair as well

Bern Macon 2.0 MIPS Helmet | REI Co-op

now i need to find a bike.

I bought the S1 helmet XX-Large.

Last edited: