Anybody here like to ride bikes?

Mfalme_Perez

In a New York world full of strangers..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY 2 Trinidad
I wish I could had rode a bike as a kid. My balance was so bad I was worrying about falling and as a kid I was already kinda self-conscious due to my disability.

I'm sorry about that hun. I hope your disability doesn't hinder you from trying to learn now. Please keep your mind open to it, if it's a possibility in the future. I have arthritis in both my knees, before I started cycling again, I was in chronic pain. It feels so good to say that I can move so much better now. It's such a great feeling! Much love to you and happy, positive thoughts.
I bike everyday OP. Everywhere.
I have a car but biking is more freeing, healthier, and I feel better about my carbon footprint. I live in Chicago. I think it was just rated as one of the most bike friendliest cities.

I’m a vintage kind of breh. Here’s my bike.

I love vintage bikes, there's a grace to them that newer bikes do not posess! Keep riding hun!

invalid

Banned
Daps
I love vintage bikes, there's a grace to them that newer bikes do not posess! Keep riding hun!

Actually, that bike is new. It's only about a year old.
I customized everything. Brooks saddle and handlebars, generator in the wheel for front and rear lights, steel frame, spurcycle bell, custom wooden fenders, Abus lock and a few other accessories.

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I bike everyday OP. Everywhere.
I have a car but biking is more freeing, healthier, and I feel better about my carbon footprint. I live in Chicago. I think it was just rated as one of the most bike friendliest cities.

I’m a vintage kind of breh. Here’s my bike.

not sure about vintage bikes.. I had a fixed gear bike for about a year and hated it.

i ride a lot in traffic tho so i need gears when takin off n shyt.

invalid

Banned
Daps
not sure about vintage bikes.. I had a fixed gear bike for about a year and hated it.

i ride a lot in traffic tho so i need gears when takin off n shyt.

That actually has a freewheel multi-speed hub. It has a "vintage" look but it's not an actual vintage bike. It's only a year old.

I should have clarified "vintage" meaning the aesthetic. I ride alot in traffic as well and wouldn't be able to do a "fixie".

Mfalme_Perez

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY 2 Trinidad
Silly white people, tricks are for kids.:skip:
giphy.gif

Mfalme_Perez

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY 2 Trinidad
Lol, pedal rage?
Yeah, bikes are dope. Normally travel to and from work on my mountain bike. shyt shaves ten minutes off a 4/5 mile journey compared to any other mode of transport where I live.

I do occasionally suffer from pedal rage though :mjcry:

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
That actually has a freewheel multi-speed hub. It has a "vintage" look but it's not an actual vintage bike. It's only a year old.

I should have clarified "vintage" meaning the aesthetic. I ride alot in traffic as well and wouldn't be able to do a "fixie".
hahah my bad... I hate fixies wit a passion

Jerz

All Star
Daps
I've been wanting to get into biking for a min.. But im not tryna pay 500 -1,000 dollars for no damn bike

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
With this COVID stuff I've been wanting to get out more. I haven't ridden a bike regularly since junior high but I want to get back into it (my state is also very bike friendly).

I looked online for some bikes. After picking myself up off the floor on how expensive these things are (I saw a couple bikes that were legit $12k...pedals not included :dahell:). I thought about it for a bit and visited a local bike shop. I ended up putting a down payment on this bike here.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/hybrid-bikes/recreation-bikes/verve/verve-2-disc/p/28003/

With all the accessories i want to get I am easily spending $1k+. But then again any hobby is going to be pricey. At least I won't be sitting on my ass.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
With this COVID stuff I've been wanting to get out more. I haven't ridden a bike regularly since junior high but I want to get back into it (my state is also very bike friendly).

I looked online for some bikes. After picking myself up off the floor on how expensive these things are (I saw a couple bikes that were legit $12k...pedals not included :dahell:). I thought about it for a bit and visited a local bike shop. I ended up putting a down payment on this bike here.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/hybrid-bikes/recreation-bikes/verve/verve-2-disc/p/28003/

With all the accessories i want to get I am easily spending $1k+. But then again any hobby is going to be pricey. At least I won't be sitting on my ass.

Nice byke :leon: