Anybody here like to ride bikes?

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Now that summer's over, I'm hoping bikes are back in stock and I can scoop one within the next month or so.

With this COVID stuff I've been wanting to get out more. I haven't ridden a bike regularly since junior high but I want to get back into it (my state is also very bike friendly).

I looked online for some bikes. After picking myself up off the floor on how expensive these things are (I saw a couple bikes that were legit $12k...pedals not included :dahell:). I thought about it for a bit and visited a local bike shop. I ended up putting a down payment on this bike here.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/hybrid-bikes/recreation-bikes/verve/verve-2-disc/p/28003/

With all the accessories i want to get I am easily spending $1k+. But then again any hobby is going to be pricey. At least I won't be sitting on my ass.
Did you ever get the bike?

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Now that summer's over, I'm hoping bikes are back in stock and I can scoop one within the next month or so.

Did you ever get the bike?

Yep! I got the Trek Verve 2, rode it for a few weeks, and then brought it back to get a Trek Domane AL 2 Disc. The second bike ended up being more expensive, yet it's only a entry road bike:mjlol:. But I do enjoy the Domane very much, was riding it ~100 miles a week. Shame it started snowing up here. I ended up retiring the roadster until spring.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How was the adjustment? I'm looking at a hybrid right now with a flat bar but might get drops down the road.

Transitioning from the hoods on top to the drops was shaky af for a min, especially at speed, but once I got used to transitioning, and got the bike fitted properly it was second nature.

Zooming down a hill with the wind brushing my back on a nice day is unmatched, and the hammer grip :dame:is a lot more natural feeling to me too.

Also had to *get used to riding lower and up my core strength some more, so I get an even better workout, and move faster

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I sent my friend a link to some bikesdirect bikes last week and he just sent me some pics from it arriving today for anyone that is interested.
They are out of stock for a bunch of bikes, but I'm looking to cop one from there myself. What kinda bike was your friend looking for and what bikes did you suggest?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
They are out of stock for a bunch of bikes, but I'm looking to cop one from there myself. What kinda bike was your friend looking for and what bikes did you suggest?

We ride single speed and I recommended him a KiloTT Pro, which he got. The nice thing about BD is that the price you see is the price you pay, free shipping and tax is included.

Bikesdirect also has a sister company called bike island, check out their stock if BD is sold out

bnew

Veteran
Daps
i just rode today for the first time in 2 weeks since it's been raining a lot here. Any recommendations for a bike trainer sub $150 (24" wheels) ?

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hey brehs, which one of these bikes should I cop? I plan on hitting paved bike trails or just running errands locally. Never gonna be off-road or on gravel, but I will occasionally drop off sidewalks or hit city potholes. The bike has to be light since I gotta carry it up four flights of stairs.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Hey brehs, which one of these bikes should I cop? I plan on hitting paved bike trails or just running errands locally. Never gonna be off-road or on gravel, but I will occasionally drop off sidewalks or hit city potholes. The bike has to be light since I gotta carry it up four flights of stairs.

The Swift geometry is a little more sports oriented than the Dutch. I wouldn't bother with with the Rover as from what you wrote, it doesn't sound like you'd get anything out of a front suspension outside of some extra weight.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Swift geometry is a little more sports oriented than the Dutch. I wouldn't bother with with the Rover as from what you wrote, it doesn't sound like you'd get anything out of a front suspension outside of some extra weight.
Thanks! I'll probably pull the trigger sometime this week. What did you mean by 'sports oriented' btw?