Anybody here go to community college first before going to a 4 year university?

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I did.

CC tuition is cheaper and classes easier so the key is finding out beforehand what gen curriculum courses will transfer. Take all the ones you need for your degree then bounce on to the 4 year. :win:

:yw:

AntiHero

Long time lurker
Daps
imo college social life is the most overrated experience

you learn waaaaay more in the real world tryna deal with gettin shyt done

CC is a lil more do it yourself and i appreciated that

unless you never left your parents house before or did anything by yourself , being on a college campus is lame except for the females

everything else is overrated

This.

I was mad excited about finally being able to leave away from my parents and the state in hopes of going to parties everyday after class. Chit was nothing like i thought it would be.

There were parties on campus but they were just your typical play video games,beer pong, smoke, drink etc. The only way you were getting into a good party is if you were an athlete or a frat boy.

I should've just applied to a school in Southern Florida or Southern California just to chill on the beach instead of doing the same old thing back to back.

What made the situation horrible was that the school was located in some boring redneck town.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
I went for a little while (a year) because I did a lot of bullsh*tting in high school. At the time I wasn't really sure what I wanted to major in (once I got to community college) so I took some time off to just work. I can remember thinking it felt nothing like I'd imagine any "college" to be like. But now that I want an actual career and one that pays well I need to go back, once I get a job again so I can have some money for the classes and my books.

But what was y'all experience like? :ld:

i went for 2 years, including 1 summer class. 51 credits. 5 semesters.

cost to attend including books, fees, and graduating cost about $8000.

AntiHero

Long time lurker
Daps
when i went away to florida for school i had been did everything there was pretty much to do already

just my opinion but alot of them college kids my age is annoying

i always fukked with the oldheads and people that was goin back to school to finish up thats where i learned ALOT of lessons, what somebody who never did nothing away from they parents gone teach me? nothin at all JMO tho...

What school did you go to?

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
:salute: Took some time off before going to college after HS. 2 and 1/2 years at a CC now finishing up my BS in hopefully 1 and 1/2 to 2 years.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i went for 2 years, including 1 summer class. 51 credits. 5 semesters.

cost to attend including books, fees, and graduating cost about $8000.

Yeah, once I get back in there I think I'll do a couple of summer courses too so that I can get a head start before the actual semester fall starts.

MadeInAmor

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I got multiple felonies. A felony can never deter you from school. Unless it's a drug charge (i.e. posession, sale, etc) which is up to the discretion of the school on wether or not he is admitted. Tell him to apply for a grant (he should apply now, while he's in there, you might have to print the paperwork for him) through Home - FAFSA on the Web-Federal Student Aid. Since he had no viable income for 5 years, he's eligible for a very decent sized grant he doesn't have to pay back as long as he uses the money toward his courses, books, and school related :ninja: materials. :youngsabo:

I came home wit a good 5 stacks in my pocket just cuz I stuck with school in prison. I had to pay out of pocket for the 2 semesters I was doing in there, but I became eligible for the grant as soon as I touched down. They wern't giving grants out to the prisoners on my facility unless you had 7 years or better. But soon as I came home :ohlawd:

And all that shyt ain't go towards school either, neither am I obligated to pay it back.

Thank you Uncle Sam :salute:

bytch nikka lock me up...damn right I'ma pimp the system for a come up.

:leon: Great advice about the grants! Thank you! I have never thought about this and I'm sure he hasn't either. He jumps in June so I will have him get started on this now. See, this is why I loooooves the Coli. Props!

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
:leon: Great advice about the grants! Thank you! I have never thought about this and I'm sure he hasn't either. He jumps in June so I will have him get started on this now. See, this is why I loooooves the Coli. Props!

:obama:

:salute: