Anybody here go to community college first before going to a 4 year university?

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah that's another problem with CC with the useless classes. I went to an advisor my first semester then and then I compared it with the state universities and after that I've basically been my own advisor ever since.

A most of these schools just want money out of you and don't have your best interests at heart.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
I went there on and off for 2 1/2 years,eventually got my AA...at time I was ashamed but looking back on it almost 10 years later one of the best decisions I ever made :leon: I went to one of the top CC's in NJ. It prepared me for not only my 4 year school but life in general.Yall trippin if yall say social life is overrated :dwillhuh: Academics is overrated its more how and who you socialize with in college.You got to enjoy college because you will only go thru it for a limited time in your life.I can see somebody sayin a 9 to 5 is boring but college social life,parties,women :mindblown:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
imo college social life is the most overrated experience

:rudy: This is bullshyt, why do you think so many people who live in college towns usually lament the fact that they have to return to the real world once they are done. College towns are great, I recommend it for everyone, I'm probably going to FORCE my kids to leave home tbh.

Whether you're a geek, nerd, hipster, athlete, whatever you are you will find likeminded people in a college town. If you have a decent amount of friends and are decent looking/reasonably physically fit the college social life is GOAT :ahh:

Part of the reason why I'm even going to law school is cuz I'm not ready to leave :ld:

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
:rudy: This is bullshyt, why do you think so many people who live in college towns usually lament the fact that they have to return to the real world once they are done. College towns are great, I recommend it for everyone, I'm probably going to FORCE my kids to leave home tbh.

Whether you're a geek, nerd, hipster, athlete, whatever you are you will find likeminded people in a college town. If you have a decent amount of friends and are decent looking/reasonably physically fit the college social life is GOAT :ahh:

Part of the reason why I'm even going to law school is cuz I'm not ready to leave :ld:

when i went away to florida for school i had been did everything there was pretty much to do already

just my opinion but alot of them college kids my age is annoying

i always fukked with the oldheads and people that was goin back to school to finish up thats where i learned ALOT of lessons, what somebody who never did nothing away from they parents gone teach me? nothin at all JMO tho...

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
when i went away to florida for school i had been did everything there was pretty much to do already

just my opinion but alot of them college kids my age is annoying

i always fukked with the oldheads and people that was goin back to school to finish up thats where i learned ALOT of lessons, what somebody who never did nothing away from they parents gone teach me? nothin at all JMO tho...

:ld: This is true though. I'm 21 and I find it hard to chill with people my age. Most of my friends here are post grad and the average age of the people I hang out with is about 25/26. I've had unlimited access to alchohol since I was a freshman :smugbiden:

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
From personal experience you're not getting anywhere going to a 4 year or a CC if you're directionless as far as knowing what you where you want to be. I went to a 4 year after I graduated, knew I wasnt ready for that and went to a CC.

Life kinda spiraled out of control (severe depression and home problems) and I was in and out of a couple different CCs as I moved back and forth between my parents. I essentially started over at the 4 year where I'm at now and I couldn't be happier with the progress I've made and the direction I'm going.

Some people just aren't ready for college immediately out of HS no matter how smart they are. They just go because it's what they are "supposed to do" and in a lot of schools there are students that are essentially filling seats.

MadeInAmor

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did this after 4 years of prison :blessed: started a year ago in the bing, now on my last few courses in CC :troll:ing the fukk outta the kids who don't kno a nikka is a convicted violent felon cuz I stay in my books wit the :ninja1:

:win:

If you don't mind sharing, do you have a felony? My cousin is about to be released after 5 years and he wants to go to college, but he thinks that his felony will deter him.

Meeks

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did this after 4 years of prison :blessed: started a year ago in the bing, now on my last few courses in CC :troll:ing the fukk outta the kids who don't kno a nikka is a convicted violent felon cuz I stay in my books wit the :ninja1:

:win:

what did you get locked for?

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
At a CC right now, getting me degree in May. No comment on how long I've been at a CC because I was always a workalcoholic since my senior year of h.s. I went to a shytty CC first but I went because of their running program (cross-country/track) which was :ohlawd: If I had a better plan and went to the CC I'm at now in the first place, I would be done YEARS ago.

Also, half of the professors at my CC also teach at the local university so they're isn't much of a difference of the education level. Its just the social life

MadeInAmor

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went to community college as well and transferred to State after 2 years. I decided to go to a CC because I initially planned to only get an Associates or a certificate in computer programming. I was 17 at the time and was so uncertain about what I wanted to do and ended up changing my mind twice about my concentration. I ended up graduating from a State school and have a great career in a field that I love.

One unique thing about the CC that I went to is that it had dorms. The campus was also very active so I never felt like I missed out on the social and community aspect that a lot of CCs lack. I would venture to say that I enjoyed my time at the CC more than I did when I transferred to State. In the end I saved a lot more money by going to a CC. If I have kids, I will be sending them to one first.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I did it and didn't do as well as i should of because it WASN'T a university and my 18 year old self didn't respect it. But truthfully it humbled my ass when i got to a university and made me a better student. Before in school i was just making off my smarts and had terrible study habits...

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
I did it and didn't do as well as i should of because it WASN'T a university and my 18 year old self didn't respect it. But truthfully it humbled my ass when i got to a university and made me a better student. Before in school i was just making off my smarts and had terrible study habits...

Bolded for truth. I notice this happens a lot especially if your parents have graduated from University and a lot of your friends are going to name four year schools.

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
If you don't mind sharing, do you have a felony? My cousin is about to be released after 5 years and he wants to go to college, but he thinks that his felony will deter him.

I got multiple felonies. A felony can never deter you from school. Unless it's a drug charge (i.e. posession, sale, etc) which is up to the discretion of the school on wether or not he is admitted. Tell him to apply for a grant (he should apply now, while he's in there, you might have to print the paperwork for him) through Home - FAFSA on the Web-Federal Student Aid. Since he had no viable income for 5 years, he's eligible for a very decent sized grant he doesn't have to pay back as long as he uses the money toward his courses, books, and school related :ninja1: materials. :youngsabo:

I came home wit a good 5 stacks in my pocket just cuz I stuck with school in prison. I had to pay out of pocket for the 2 semesters I was doing in there, but I became eligible for the grant as soon as I touched down. They wern't giving grants out to the prisoners on my facility unless you had 7 years or better. But soon as I came home :ohlawd:

And all that shyt ain't go towards school either, neither am I obligated to pay it back.

Thank you Uncle Sam :salute:

bytch nikka lock me up...damn right I'ma pimp the system for a come up.