Anybody here go to community college first before going to a 4 year university?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went for a little while (a year) because I did a lot of bullsh*tting in high school. At the time I wasn't really sure what I wanted to major in (once I got to community college) so I took some time off to just work. I can remember thinking it felt nothing like I'd imagine any "college" to be like. But now that I want an actual career and one that pays well I need to go back, once I get a job again so I can have some money for the classes and my books.

But what was y'all experience like? :ld:

sm0ke

Lin Kuei
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
I did. I only took one class at the main campus, too. The rest of my classes were at a small extension campus and online. Took a lot of classes with people I knew, so that was cool. I just took enough classes to get an AA and transfer. Finishing up at 4 year now.

If I got another chance, I'd probably still go to the community college and get an AA, but I'd definitely plan better, so I wouldn't have to take pre-req's at a 4 year.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Get serious breh, take your general bio, chem, english and math courses, if you're planning on going into the medical field...

It's going to be a lot studying and there are lot of distractions at a JC...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did. I only took one class at the main campus, too. The rest of my classes were at a small extension campus and online. Took a lot of classes with people I knew, so that was cool. I just took enough classes to get an AA and transfer. Finishing up at 4 year now.

If I got another chance, I'd probably still go to the community college and get an AA, but I'd definitely plan better, so I wouldn't have to take pre-req's at a 4 year.

Oh yeah? That's what's up, that's good man. Did it only take exactly two years for you to get your Associate's degree? And as far as "plan better", what would you do differently? Sorry, but I'm completely clueless when it comes to how college works.

Get serious breh, take your general bio, chem, english and math courses, if you're planning on going into the medical field...

It's going to be a lot studying and there are lot of distractions at a JC...

Yeah, I'm not even sure if I really want to pursue the medical field but I just know working retail and part time jobs here and there aren't something I'm interested in anymore. And I know no matter what occupation and major I pursue, I have to do great job in my classes because back when I first went to community college I did horrible because I really wasn't ready to go.

Although I still need to find me job now just so that I can have the money to get back into school.

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
Yes, & I'm glad I am out of it!I went there for 2 years & did not get my associates degree.I just transferred over to my university.This is my first year here.I originally went to Tidewater Community College & they have this thing where if you graduate from there with your associates you have guaranteed admission into any university of your choice in VA.I didn't get my degree from them because it turns out that it would have taken me longer than 2 years to get it (I think they're a bit misleading when they tell you that you're done after 2 years)& there was no way I was going to stay there another semester.I was cocky & feeling myself at the moment & figured I didn't need guaranteed admission to get into VCU.Lol,thankfully I got in without it!
:whew:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got my associates in community college, but the classes won't transfer in my 4 year program

LOl well why did you take those classes? The whole purpose of going to a CC is to transfer to a 4 year. And you mean to tell me not even your English or Math credits will transfer? That's crazy!!

I took my Gen Ed and some other math Courses at a CC (CalC 2, 3 and Statistics). Waaaay cheaper and I cash flowed it.

Daps
Yep, found the community college professors to be more hands on than the university professors. It was a good atmosphere for learning.

Community college kids though, kinda still feels like high school. Most of the kids gravitate towards the people they used to go to high school with.

Overall it wasn't bad at all.

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
Did this after 4 years of prison :blessed: started a year ago in the bing, now on my last few courses in CC :troll:ing the fukk outta the kids who don't kno a nikka is a convicted violent felon cuz I stay in my books wit the :ninja1:

:win:

Daps
Did this after 4 years of prison :blessed: started a year ago in the bing, now on my last few courses in CC :troll:ing the fukk outta the kids who don't kno a nikka is a convicted violent felon cuz I stay in my books wit the :ninja1:

:win:

College is always a fun place to troll, especially if you're in one of them ethics or sociology courses.