Anybody from Milwaukee on here? how long yall being wearing Cartier glasses?

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Bro, don’t nobody know what whole hoods are doing because everyone ain’t living everywhere. The people with followers, clout and fame are the face of trends and I think P, Three Six and currently, Quavo when I think Cartier shades, not Detroit :russ:

This coming from someone who ain’t even deep into this shyt and on the other side of the country. Us casuals in other sides of the country don’t see Detroit when we see this
Respectfully, you’re just out of touch. As a Bay Area nikka, the rapper Da Boii from RBE x SOB from the Bay Area name drops buffs and Detroit all the time. The D and the Bay is locked in. Out of all regions we got no excuse to not give Detroit their credit.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Respectfully, you’re just out of touch. As a Bay Area nikka, the rapper Da Boii from RBE x SOB from the Bay Area name drops buffs and Detroit all the time. The D and the Bay is locked in. Out of all regions we got no excuse to not give Detroit their credit.
Lol, bro, the names/artists dropped in here predate DaBoii…like I’ve said, don’t matter it your region did it first if the majority of people associate it elsewhere.

nikkas in the bay had dreads before everyone did, yet people credit Wayne and Chicago for dreads…life goes on.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
them washed up hoods of silver spring on that e-40 shyt

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gangsta Boo

Gangsta%20Boo%20-%20Enquiring%20Minds%20rear.jpg

When_the_Smoke_Clears.jpg

^^^^^^shyt look like DJ Paul got on Cartier shades.

Juicy J

51Y4V92QSML.jpg

La Chat

71V-ifCpDKL._SL1086_.jpg

Also Pimp C

eitHXtESFinSBdGZc2p8

Master P

image-asset.jpeg

Both Detroit and Milwaukee just late. :yeshrug:

By two decades.

They acting like white hipsters who discovered chopped cheese.

Only 25 years?ver heard a man by the name of E-40:mjlol:?And he wasnt the only one either btw. Bay nikkas been rocking Cartiers since the 80's to my knowledge. Ive seen the pictures and wouldnt lie. But like someone said,it was a look for the dopeboys.

Nobody is saying Detroit started Cartiers.

They DID start it being a cultural trend, and seeing clubs full of brehs in buffs and woods.

That's beyond question.

Y'all might have seen the occasional guy in wires...or even master P in woods...but buffs...don't even attempt to discuss that. And the frames in general being a cultural staple is CLEARLY Detroit. They didn't bite that from anyone at ALL.

This is true. Detroit basically made buffs and woods like what Jordans are every where else. Even broke nikkas going to find the money or rob in order to have em. Detroit definitely the only place you will see a club full of people with buffs on. But I would still say thats a local anomoly. Not sure if I would say Detroit started a nationwide trend. I might argue Migos did more for the Cartier trend nationally than Detroit.

In terms of hiphop,the honor once again goes to the oasis. Home of the trendsetters,the bay:wow:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Nobody is saying Detroit started Cartiers.

They DID start it being a cultural trend, and seeing clubs full of brehs in buffs and woods.

That's beyond question.

Y'all might have seen the occasional guy in wires...or even master P in woods...but buffs...don't even attempt to discuss that. And the frames in general being a cultural staple is CLEARLY Detroit. They didn't bite that from anyone at ALL.
It’s ironic i came to this discussion and we were just talking about this, I’m sure it’s cats from different times and areas who rocked them, because it was the Jacob the jeweler watch of the times, if you had money, you got a pair, and the avg cat couldn’t afford them let alone knew of them.

I remember P had the diamonds in his, three six and other southern artists might rock them, but it was a city wide thing in the D, and in the Midwest, the South and Midwest intermingle both taking and lending things so who knows, but what I do know is it is a Detroit phenomenon, and a cat that’s in the know, will associate you being from or around the D if you own/Rock Buffs.

It’s like Chicago nikkas Rockin the Snake skin Billed baseball cap with the watch on it. Not sure if we started it, but what I do know, those from the Midwest will say you a Chicago nikka if they see you with it on, before they say you from somewhere else because it was a part of the 90’s culture if you was a D boy you had it because them hats weren’t cheap.
Lol, bro, the names/artists dropped in here predate DaBoii…like I’ve said, don’t matter it your region did it first if the majority of people associate it elsewhere.

nikkas in the bay had dreads before everyone did, yet people credit Wayne and Chicago for dreads…life goes on.
Most people I’ve come across associate dreads with Fla/Nola nikkas, in my travels and going to an HBCu in the early 2000’s them Cali nikkas from the bay didn’t have dreads(I realize in Cali dreads were popular from time to time, my uncle moved to Oakland for a while before he moved back to Chicago and had dreads, it’s that panther mentality) but them Fla nikkas was known as dreads you’d see folks family, cuz or partna come through and they’d be dreaded up, i seen more bay dudes with dreads when E-40 had that resurgence (that’s not to say y’all wasn’t on it before, I just didn’t see it) same with them nola nikkas some had braids or dreads, few had the Caesar .

I say all that to say anyone in the know, would never give Chicago credit on that

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It’s ironic i came to this discussion and we were just talking about this, I’m sure it’s cats from different times and areas who rocked them, because it was the Jacob the jeweler watch of the times, if you had money, you got a pair, and the avg cat couldn’t afford them let alone knew of them.

I remember P had the diamonds in his, three six and other southern artists might rock them, but it was a city wide thing in the D, and in the Midwest, the South and Midwest intermingle both taking and lending things so who knows, but what I do know is it is a Detroit phenomenon, and a cat that’s in the know, will associate you being from or around the D if you own/Rock Buffs.

It’s like Chicago nikkas Rockin the Snake skin Billed baseball cap with the watch on it. Not sure if we started it, but what I do know, those from the Midwest will say you a Chicago nikka if they see you with it on, before they say you from somewhere else because it was a part of the 90’s culture if you was a D boy you had it because them hats weren’t cheap.

Most people I’ve come across associate dreads with Fla/Nola nikkas, in my travels and going to an HBCu in the early 2000’s them Cali nikkas from the bay didn’t have dreads(I realize in Cali dreads were popular from time to time, my uncle moved to Oakland for a while before he moved back to Chicago and had dreads, it’s that panther mentality) but them Fla nikkas was known as dreads you’d see folks family, cuz or partna come through and they’d be dreaded up, i seen more bay dudes with dreads when E-40 had that resurgence (that’s not to say y’all wasn’t on it before, I just didn’t see it) same with them nola nikkas some had braids or dreads, few had the Caesar .

I say all that to say anyone in the know, would never give Chicago credit on that
bay dudes started getting dreads in 01/02, they seamlessly moved from the iverson cornrows to dreads, i remember that vividly cuz us girls was still getting designs in our cornrows in 00-02. and 40's video was early 06, all them dudes in the background and dancing in the video had long ass dreads cuz the style was poppin out here for 3/4/5 years at that point. we joked about 40 trying to be young/keep up with the kids when he showed up in that video with dreads, shyt was cringe. Bay nikkas was heavy on [fake] gold grills in the mid-90's as well, i used to be all up on em in grade school and middle school :dead: but that's also attributed to the south. like i said, don't matter what people are on locally, it's who blows it up nationally.

and someone argued me down that chief keef and co made dreads hot, i don't agree, but i also wasn't some young teenager when he was hot, so maybe he influenced the kids

Last edited: