Anybody from Milwaukee on here? how long yall being wearing Cartier glasses?

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Bro, don’t nobody know what whole hoods are doing because everyone ain’t living everywhere. The people with followers, clout and fame are the face of trends and I think P, Three Six and currently, Quavo when I think Cartier shades, not Detroit :russ:

This coming from someone who ain’t even deep into this shyt and on the other side of the country. Us casuals in other sides of the country don’t see Detroit when we see this

Kill your own post brehettes

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
New York City made pelle pelle coats popular. Doesn’t matter that it was made in Detroit. Even Chicago dudes wear pelle pelle more than Detroit.

That’s like saying Boston made new balances popular because it was made there. No! The DMV did.

Same goes for Coogie sweaters. I don’t get the bad boys pistons remark because basketball players aren’t native to the city they play for.
:dead:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
NYC kinda did make Pelle’s a mainstay in Hip Hop. All the NY rappers/celebs in the early 90’s had them in their videos or wore them in photos from Nas to Guru from Gang Starr to Keith Sweat. Pelle’s became mainstream in 91’ when Ted Danson, the Fresh Prince and Arsenio and hella guests on his show wore Pelle’s on national TV. Pelle’s could have been only a local Detroit/Chicago phenomenon if NYC hadn’t picked up on them in the 90’s. Or they coulda got played out quickly nationwide like 8ball jackets. No offense, but there were no major rappers from the D in the early 90’s sporting Pelle’s on TV.:hubie:

I get it, I’m from the Bay, we was rocking North Face in the hood way back in the 80’s probably before anybody too because The North Face was a San Francisco brand. There are videos on YouTube of nikkas in the hood in SF rocking North Face mountain jackets in the 80’s and this can be fact checked. That’s why Larry June uses that mountain jacket as a part of his aesthetic because it’s classic old school Frisco style. But everyone in the fashion world wanna give all the credit to NY cacs of “prep school gangsters” in the mid 90’s for making North Face a thing. :beli:And North Face coats have become a NY meme.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Only 25 years?ver heard a man by the name of E-40:mjlol:?And he wasnt the only one either btw. Bay nikkas been rocking Cartiers since the 80's to my knowledge. Ive seen the pictures and wouldnt lie. But like someone said,it was a look for the dopeboys.

This is true. Detroit basically made buffs and woods like what Jordans are every where else. Even broke nikkas going to find the money or rob in order to have em. Detroit definitely the only place you will see a club full of people with buffs on. But I would still say thats a local anomoly. Not sure if I would say Detroit started a nationwide trend. I might argue Migos did more for the Cartier trend nationally than Detroit.

In terms of hiphop,the honor once again goes to the oasis. Home of the trendsetters,the bay:wow:
Nah breh:mjlol:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
NYC kinda did make Pelle’s a mainstay in Hip Hop. All the NY rappers/celebs in the early 90’s had them in their videos or wore them in photos from Nas to Guru from Gang Starr to Keith Sweat. Pelle’s became mainstream in 91’ when Ted Danson, the Fresh Prince and Arsenio and hella guests on his show wore Pelle’s on national TV. Pelle’s could have been only a local Detroit/Chicago phenomenon if NYC hadn’t picked up on them in the 90’s. Or they coulda got played out quickly nationwide like 8ball jackets. No offense, but there were no major rappers from the D in the early 90’s sporting Pelle’s on TV.:hubie:

I get it, I’m from the Bay, we was rocking North Face in the hood way back in the 80’s probably before anybody too because The North Face was a San Francisco brand. There are videos on YouTube of nikkas in the hood in SF rocking North Face mountain jackets in the 80’s and this can be fact checked. That’s why Larry June uses that mountain jacket as a part of his aesthetic because it’s classic old school Frisco style. But everyone in the fashion world wanna give all the credit to NY cacs of “prep school gangsters” in the mid 90’s for making North Face a thing. :beli:And North Face coats have become a NY meme.

Man what cats fail to realize, especially the young cats on this board, is that Detroit was a major force (and now on the way back:ufdup::myman:). Cats are stuck with a 90's on down vision of the city unfairly facilitated by what they see on the news :beli:. One thing that hasn't changed is folks still come to city to take and try to flip as their own.

Last edited:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Headed to U of M for Homecoming. My homie is at Ross business school. Goddamn I didn't know these mf'rs are deep like that. I told people at my job and like 7 people were excited and telling me Imma have a blast.

Anyway, any suggestions for things to do? I already know it's gonna be raining Pawgs. They down for anything? or you gotta be Chris Webber or a D1 athlete

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Headed to U of M for Homecoming. My homie is at Ross business school. Goddamn I didn't know these mf'rs are deep like that. I told people at my job and like 7 people were excited and telling me Imma have a blast.

Anyway, any suggestions for things to do? I already know it's gonna be raining Pawgs. They down for anything? or you gotta be Chris Webber or a D1 athlete
Negged