Anybody Ever Work In Retail Here?

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
Worked at Target while in college and it had its pros and cons but I would never work in retail again. I was only trained to be a cashier but ended working at every position possible there without training. Loved working in electronics, was probably the easiest job there. Working in the food court was the worst, kids always fukking messing up the slushy machine especially after I just cleaned it :mindblown:

Some days I wouldn't turn it on just because I didn't want to deal with the mess. fukked a couple of employees and customers :takedat:

Had a manager that got fired because he came to work one day with that powder around his nose. One of funniest days was when secruity caught a guy jacking off to a maxim magazine and the guy gave no fukks at all :laff:

Working during Black Friday was brutal though

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
You can return shoes at Barneys.

As for the rest of your post? DEAD ON. However, I don't think he's looking for a full-time retail job. Still, be prepared for shytty hours and wretched annoying people with silly questions and demands. It will make you reconsider the need for humans in the world.
Okay i didn't know that , when i was there only exchanges and i never had my commission off. The crowd who shop there were bad but nowhere near the low life's at bottom level stores, i worked at Sears for 3 days before i quit, the lowest form of humanity working and shopping there, i made a decision right there that i would chose to starve or die before i work in retail again.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
i would want to do stock work and not interact with customers/be a cashier
No you don't, this is worse of all, you get the lowest pay with no chance in hell to advance, once you reach 9.50 in stock, it is over, i mean over in never going past that rate for the rest of your life, i worked with a guy didn't get a raise for 13 years.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
never fukk a chick you work with. woman can be mean vindictive creatures and if shyt goes wrong all she has to do is say you did the wrong thing to her to the right person and you're fukked.

unless you're going into management retail is a dead end job. it looks a lil more prestigious than fast food but really its no different in terms of status. you're gonna get shytty pay, unrealistic expectations, shytty to no benefits, probably low hours.

:wtf: you do realize AT&T and Verizon are retail.. right ?

Because I know we arent in here comparing jobs that pay you $4000-8000+ a month with full benefits for you and your family to fast food. The only - the ONLY bad things about AT&T and Verizon is obviously retail hours.. AT&T is Union, Verizon is not.. so with working at AT&T the union gives seniority first pick at schedule and vacation time so someone working at that store the longest picks his days off (weekends off for most my friends still at AT&T). Verizon is not union though, its just whoever the managers likes most ( :scusthov: fukk politics ) and who "schedules it off first" ( :beli: ) . Verizon pays more than AT&T commission wise and they really pay their management a lot more, but the scheduling at AT&T is/was way better than Verizon. I never felt working at AT&T was retail except only during christmas, other holidays were :manny: at Verizon, even having the same days off as I did at AT&T I feel a lot more tired.

The other bad thing about both these companies is I never experienced company politics like I did here. Ive been working since 15, jack in the box, mervyns, champs all that young shyt to these companies, chase and honda... cot damn I thought it was only AT&T but when I came to Verizon the politics were exactly the same :wtf: I aint built for that.. I just want to sell, I aint a corporate man, managers is quick with the write ups at both these places, if they dont like you its pretty clear you will never move up in the company.. ever. EVER. Verizon managers keep a "blue folder" with every incident you ever had from the time you are hired. You start off bad with Verizon, you will end up the same way.

I fukked up leaving Chase :snoop: I could of been a loan officer by now.

But if you good at politics and dont mind working holidays / weekends till either you get seniority or good with the managers then Verizon and AT&T is probably the easiest 50-60k(if you are a mediocre sales person, even a bad sales person will pull in at least 50k) a year job you will find.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Because I know we arent in here comparing jobs that pay you $4000-8000+ a month with full benefits for you and your family to fast food. The only - the ONLY bad things about AT&T and Verizon is obviously retail hours.. AT&T is Union, Verizon is not.. so with working at AT&T the union gives seniority first pick at schedule and vacation time so someone working at that store the longest picks his days off (weekends off for most my friends still at AT&T). Verizon is not union though, its just whoever the managers likes most ( :scusthov: fukk politics ) and who "schedules it off first" ( :beli: ) . Verizon pays more than AT&T commission wise and they really pay their management a lot more, but the scheduling at AT&T is/was way better than Verizon. I never felt working at AT&T was retail except only during christmas, other holidays were :manny: at Verizon, even having the same days off as I did at AT&T I feel a lot more tired.

The other bad thing about both these companies is I never experienced company politics like I did here. Ive been working since 15, jack in the box, mervyns, champs all that young shyt to these companies, chase and honda... cot damn I thought it was only AT&T but when I came to Verizon the politics were exactly the same :wtf: I aint built for that.. I just want to sell, I aint a corporate man, managers is quick with the write ups at both these places, if they dont like you its pretty clear you will never move up in the company.. ever. EVER. Verizon managers keep a "blue folder" with every incident you ever had from the time you are hired. You start off bad with Verizon, you will end up the same way.

But if you good at politics and dont mind working holidays / weekends till either you get seniority or good with the managers then Verizon and AT&T is probably the easiest 50-60k(if you are a mediocre sales person, even a bad sales person will pull in at least 50k) a year job you will find.
i don't consider that retail as much as i consider it sales. work at one of those stores and you're more of a salesman. work at a retail big box store and you don't even really sell shyt you just tell people where they can find stuff or ring them up ect.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
i don't consider that retail as much as i consider it sales. work at one of those stores and you're more of a salesman. work at a retail big box store and you don't even really sell shyt you just tell people where they can find stuff or ring them up ect.

Selling insurance/medical shyt = sales
Att/verizon = retail

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Working in wireless is terrible & the customers are perhaps worse than other retail locations, because they are not quick transactions. You get way more service issues than you do sales. Having said that, its better than any other retail jobs out there but it still sucks

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah and it sucked. i met girls and they invited me over and stuff but don't work to get girls. work cuz u like the work there.

girls are everywhere.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Working in wireless is terrible & the customers are perhaps worse than other retail locations, because they are not quick transactions. You get way more service issues than you do sales. Having said that, its better than any other retail jobs out there but it still sucks
i used to work at Target and the people straight up treated me like shyt. they didn't respect the employees and they didn't respect each other as customers. they were rude to all the above. people deep down for the most part are lazy and disgusting and this doesn't become more apparent until you've had to work retail and serve them and clean up after them.

people used to literally bend over and shyt on the floors down in the store and when i was carts i had to clean it up. the women's bathroom was also by far way more disgusting them the men's was.