Anybody Ever Work In Retail Here?

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Don't work in retail man, if you not working in a major place like Barney's you wasting your time and life, it is not fun to see your life waste away at these dumps. I worked retail at Barneys and yes that was great, great staff and the money, wow, i made over 900.00 in commission alone per week selling high end shoes which can't be returned so no loss of commission, then i worked at another company and it was shyt, they gave me so many hours that time flew by, it flew by so fast it was years before it came too me , i had lost contact with friends and barely a social life, until i went in to corporate, life was lost, never will i work retail again, i rather die.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I thought about it, but then I remembered my retail days at best Buy and Radio Shack and put the application down.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I'm thinking of working a part time retail job, maybe the gap or something
Yes. It's generally an easy job. Standing during the entire shift sucks but it is part of the job.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
thats why i'm thinking of the gap or a store like that, those female co-workers will be :wow: :ohlawd:
never fukk a chick you work with. woman can be mean vindictive creatures and if shyt goes wrong all she has to do is say you did the wrong thing to her to the right person and you're fukked.

Don't work in retail man, if you not working in a major place like Barney's you wasting your time and life, it is not fun to see your life waste away at these dumps.
unless you're going into management retail is a dead end job. it looks a lil more prestigious than fast food but really its no different in terms of status. you're gonna get shytty pay, unrealistic expectations, shytty to no benefits, probably low hours.

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
Retail made me hate people. Don't stay in that line of work too long youngins. By soph/jr year, start interning

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
i worked for 2 1/2 years at dillard's... in the women shoe section. i know yall thinkin it had to be nice but if you seen the location i worked at :comeon: wasnt shyt but old ass white women most of the time :why: the pay was good, and the commission was even better when i earned it, but that job made me vow i'd NEVER work retail again in my life... i aint never comin back :wow:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
good idea.

bad bytches, discounts on clothing, respectable.

i got to get out of fast food ASAP :snoop:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I'm currently a department manager at Macy's so you getting a one star whether you work at Macy's or not :jawalrus: