Anybody else wish people could be more laid back?

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
This is what u said

"Laid back doasen't mean passive and apathetic. To me laid back means not getting all worked up over everyday problems. Some people get angry and upset quickly........"

not getting all worked up over everyday problems and getting angry quickly are attributes of patience.......not being laid back.....and no, u didnt make that distinction in this statement.

Well, u can take it how u want to take it.

Laid back to me is what I said. Patience is when u don't throw a hissy fit just cause things don't go the way u wan't them to right away. Sometimes in life u have to wait for things to get better. Being able to do that without stressing urself over it is patience in my world, don't know about urs.

But whatever, live ur life the way u want it. I ain't tryina teach u anything, just giving you my perspective.

Stacks

Crosstown Beef
Supporter
Daps
At EVERY SINGLE past job I've had, I've been told that I was TOO laid back for the environment.

*Stacks is handed a task first thing in the morning and is told that it needs to be done by the end of the day*

11am

"So, Stacks, have you finished that job?"

"It's needed for the end of the day isn't it?"

"Yes"

"It's 11am"

"Ooooooooh, not done yet? Please apply a little more urgency to your work."

:leostare:

I'm as laid back as somebody can get, so from there, I ditched the office life, set up my own business and now I'm :stylin:

Not that being laid back is key, but once you realise that the reason you were laid back is because you were doing all of that work for somebody else ... THAT'S when you see your true goal.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Let me not forget to throw that $40,000 college debt that you can't default on collar on top of everything else. Simply learning and operating with people who understand you have to ignore society's PROGRAMMING is essential. There's a reason why they call tv programming. They are instructing you in covert ways to act in a fashion they deem fit, which is namely you giving them your money, and thus your obedience.

I will have to agree with others that other parts of the world have a different perspective. The insane asylum in which we are entrapped seems sane because we're around other inmates more psychotic and deluded than ourselves.

Lay back, ignore all of the hype being kicked to you, save your money and have reserves and simply stop trying to compete with the next man. Congratulate them, but focus on you and yours. One of the greatest factors that get us caught up in this debt slavery is ego... aka the desire to be better than others through our actions.
i tell ppl all the time that the sooner one realizes that everyone cant be a "boss" the better. get in where u fit in in this life. if lounging around all day smoking weed,playing ps3 and listening to music makes u happy then by all means do you. forget what society brainwashes you into believing what "success" is. to me "success" is living as stress-free as possible while im here on this Earth. fukk a high-paying stressful job that gives me no personal life. id MUCH rather live below my means with a moderate income job with minimum responsibilities that i dont dread going to everyday. i jus wanna wake up and go to bed everyday content with a peace of mind. thats my definition of "success"

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Once you liberate your mind, you'll be happier. :youngsabo:
o:

This is really that needs to be said. Peoples minds are caught up in images. Apple sells you an image of a lifestyle in it's commercials...nobody uses their phone for half the stuff these commericials show you. Car companies sell you an image in commercials....ur driving down the Cali coastline and everything is peaceul. Movies sell you an image of things and a perfect life perfect ending.

None of that stuff is real UNLESS you're one of these multi-millionaires who's really living that life.

Once you realize that, you'll get ur mind in a better place instead of worrying and becoming a dikk to the ppl around you.

Funny that alot of the ppl who are the most uptight/pricks never truly reach whatver level they're looking for in their career.

AbrahamLincolnPawgHunter

dirty sprite and autotune
Daps
Reppin
Plutoooo
Exactly mane, you don't really know what in the world they are doing to put off that image they are putting. They could be fronting, meaning everything they are doing is invested in their image, but they got nothing to fall back on. This is why it's critical for men not to be attention whores and do whatever it takes to 'get noticed.' Handle yours quietly and you'll get noticed naturally off of that.

yup...my one friend chased a a new job to "move up" but it has worse hours, coworkers and all that...he hates it.

he thought it would boost his career and take him to new heights bc the company is bigger.....but now...he wants to quit his job :wow:

be careful what you wish for :shaq:

AbrahamLincolnPawgHunter

Daps
Reppin
Plutoooo
This is really that needs to be said. Peoples minds are caught up in images. Apple sells you an image of a lifestyle in it's commercials...nobody uses their phone for half the stuff these commericials show you. Car companies sell you an image in commercials....ur driving down the Cali coastline and everything is peaceul. Movies sell you an image of things and a perfect life perfect ending.

None of that stuff is real UNLESS you're one of these multi-millionaires who's really living that life.

Once you realize that, you'll get ur mind in a better place instead of worrying and becoming a dikk to the ppl around you.

Funny that alot of the ppl who are the most uptight/pricks never truly reach whatver level they're looking for in their career.

Yup

I love my company. small, great people. never hate waking up and its close to home.

thats all i need.

i could leave and make more but its not worth it right now.

my peers ask me when imma leave and i just say "im happy" :ahh: and not planning on leaving anytime soon

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Move to Hawaii. Everyone is laid back

My friend lived there, he now lives in Indonesia on the beach where he has a house twice as big as the apartment he lived in.

Dude literally chills for most of the day, only teaches for 4 hours a day 4 days a week.

actually... Scenery has A LOT to do with it. devolped countries surrounded by water and beautiful and scenic mountains (Swiss and French alps ...all of Scandinavia etc) almost always live a more laid back lifestyle in general. it's like natures way of pwn'ing us and saying "even if you wanted to be all about the rat race.....i don't think so :shaq: "
this is one of the main reasons i would never live land locked or more than an hours drive from the ocean. nature keeps us balance. fukk a concrete jungle.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
That has nothing to do with being "laid back" and everything to do with whether you're content with complacency or not. Some are complacent where they are in life no matter how good or bad they may be doing, and others aren't. I think lack of complacency is a great trait to possess(or not), but to each their own.

Swagaveli

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Europe
actually... Scenery has A LOT to do with it. devolped countries surrounded by water and beautiful and scenic mountains (Swiss and French alps ...all of Scandinavia etc) almost always live a more laid back lifestyle in general. it's like natures way of pwn'ing us and saying "even if you wanted to be all about the rat race.....i don't think so :shaq: "
this is one of the main reasons i would never live land locked or more than an hours drive from the ocean. nature keeps us balance. fukk a concrete jungle.

Lol what the fukk? Ive peeped you trying to jock Europe a LOT. This c00ning gotta stop. I've lived in Scandinavia my whole life, and Im from Africa...So trust me when I say, the capilatist ratrace mentality is one of the hardest in te world here...People commiting the most fukked up violent acts non stop because of it here...shyt would be cool in Lapland lol

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
That has nothing to do with being "laid back" and everything to do with whether you're content with complacency or not. Some are complacent where they are in life no matter how good or bad they may be doing, and others aren't. I think lack of complacency is a great trait to possess(or not), but to each their own.

exactly

AbrahamLincolnPawgHunter

Daps
Reppin
Plutoooo
^^^^LOLOLOLOL @ your name and avi.

:yeshrug:

I'm a lazy nikka when it comes to working for other people :shaq:

therefore, an easy job, good hours, good money and friends and family :win:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Lol what the fukk? Ive peeped you trying to jock Europe a LOT. This c00ning gotta stop. I've lived in Scandinavia my whole life, and Im from Africa...So trust me when I say, the capilatist ratrace mentality is one of the hardest in te world here...People commiting the most fukked up violent acts non stop because of it here...shyt would be cool in Lapland lol
you're african which means you're probably in Stockholm..Oslo or one of the other major cities. and yes those have turned to sh*t as far as crime goes ...mostly due to immigration ironically enough.....so what's your point?
outside of the capital cities scandinavia as whole is far more laid back than the us. shorter working hours...3 year paid leave for mothers...a month paid vacation compared to our measly 2 weeks. :childplease: stop it.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
You know the one thing I heard a lot of people with a lot of money in their autobiographies? I wish I made more time for people and developed relationships. You're not going to lay on your deathbed wishing you made more money. YOu're going to want to be surrounded by the closes who accompanied you along the journey of life.

One of the hugest examples of this was taken from the memoirs of benjamin graham, the founder of security analysis... who was pretty much the father of value investing. Money is cool as long as it is balanced in proportion with everything else in life. All money is is ultimately a means of exchange. So by chasing money, all we are ultimately chasing is a means to exchange for goods. Goods are materials and ultimately one will come to realize the limits of materials in satisfying our souls.

Get your money, but don't let money get you and end up in a job you hate, around people you can't stand and living a life you really don't care for. Never forget God, your princples your friends, your family. All things in proportion.