Any of yall stay in a studio apartment?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Lived in a studio my last year of college, it was cool. Rent was cheap and it put a limit on the amount of junk I could accumulate.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Nah, I'm just coming full circle. I chased the starter home with a house and realized it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I lost $20K when I moved. Since I had a house, I had to fill it up with stuff, so I couldn't just move into an apartment I had to rent a 2BR townhouse. Now I'm bout to embrace this #minimalism tip, downsize and move into a prime location and save money. :blessed:

I don't have kids or a wife so wtf am I wasting money on all that space for? I'm not buying another house until I get married.

But this is just my story... I can understand if other people desire more space. But I've been there, done that. :manny: #minimalism brehs... I'm telling you it's the way.

I feel you. I've watched a fair amount of "tiny house" videos on Youtube about minimalism or making the most of a small space. Its pretty big in large cities lik NYC, Tokyo, etc. where people want to live in prime locations but don't want to pay for large amounts of space at an exhorbitant cost. So, they literally compartmentalize their apartment/condo by making everything dual/multi-purpose. For example, buying a bed that comes with drawers in the baseboard to store clothes. Or buying shelves with wheels, so they can move the shelves to create more space when needed.

I've even watched videos where people take small motor homes and make them into actual homes that they can travel with. They never have a mortgage or rent since they live on the road and take their house with them on the hitch. Some people really really tricked those things out too. High tech trailors with everything being multi-functional. And they live in whatever city they feel like.

Honestly, I've contemplated the minimalism thing. Selling the car and only using services like Zipcar and Uber when necessary. But then again, I may want to walk through open corridors in my house for no reason. So, we'll see.

Peace

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
My first apartment was a studio, it's cool at first but eventually no matter how hard you try, you start running out of room and eventually I wanted where I live and where I sleep to be different rooms.

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Breh - i had the same studio setup w/ balcony for my first apt. I had the same ikea couch & I had the exact same ikea coffee table. Had a similar kitchenette also.

Moved last year to a bigger spot, because eventually you feel like the walls are closing in on you. Copped a lot of decent furniture from Quality Home Furniture | Bob's Discount Furniture | Bob's Discount Furniture .
But I kept the $20 coffee table, i break it out when my boys come thru. :russ:

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Breh - i had the same studio setup w/ balcony for my first apt. I had the same ikea couch & I had the exact same ikea coffee table. Had a similar kitchenette also.

Moved last year to a bigger spot, because eventually you feel like the walls are closing in on you. Copped a lot of decent furniture from Quality Home Furniture | Bob's Discount Furniture | Bob's Discount Furniture .
But I kept the $20 coffee table, i break it out when my boys come thru. :russ:
:ohhh: That site has some steals...IKEA is feeding me well with my studio too :eat:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Nah, I'm just coming full circle. I chased the starter home with a house and realized it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I lost $20K when I moved. Since I had a house, I had to fill it up with stuff, so I couldn't just move into an apartment I had to rent a 2BR townhouse. Now I'm bout to embrace this #minimalism tip, downsize and move into a prime location and save money. :blessed:

I don't have kids or a wife so wtf am I wasting money on all that space for? I'm not buying another house until I get married.

But this is just my story... I can understand if other people desire more space. But I've been there, done that. :manny: #minimalism brehs... I'm telling you it's the way.

i feel you on this....currently i stay in a junior one bedroom apartment. i moved in back in 2008 after my first significant promotion..pretty much its living room/dining area in one then a mini hallway with a kitchen (no dishawasher) on my left and the bathroom on my right and ends with my bedroom (which is big as fukk)...when i moved in I didn't have a shytload of things so there was an abundance of space but now its getting to the point where im outgrowing my space and I want a bigger place but not necessarily a house just yet since im not married or have any kids

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
That was my first place after college.........right in the heart of downtown. I honestly found myself those years......... so many girls ....so many good times...........so many noise complaints haha. We would just hang out and party all night and watch the sun rise every morning. :wow: Get brunch at a different spot every day then do it again. These days im more about business but I look back fondly of that time haha.

breh you in the 10,000 dap club now. salute :salute:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I've never done a 1- bedroom but I started out in a 2-bd rm spot with a roommate since I was 23. He moved out 2yrs later and i've had the place to myself since (I'm about to clock in at 30 this year). It's one flr of a 2-fam house. Very spacious. I kept the apt to myself since. The landlord passed away recently and his fam asked if I wanted to put my bid in on the house, I figured I would with my girl but she don't wanna live in nyc forever, and I don't really want to either. Also I wanna do a few more things before I make a financial move like that as far as a downpayment. Might be getting engaged soon :ld: I'll see where I'm at in a year though. Someone else moved in upstairs and I just maintain the outside appearance of the house. I have a sweet deal with it being in a nice middle class area, I have full use of the driveway and laundry room. It was just horrible this year with all the damn snow.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

What city you moving to? Sometimes its worth having an extra bedroom just for whatever. With a studio you have to be mindful of everything you bring in there.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
What city you moving to? Sometimes its worth having an extra bedroom just for whatever. With a studio you have to be mindful of everything you bring in there.

Chicago. Yeah I feel you. I found some pretty good 1BR's too.

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
That was my first place after college.........right in the heart of downtown. I honestly found myself those years......... so many girls ....so many good times...........so many noise complaints haha. We would just hang out and party all night and watch the sun rise every morning. :wow: Get brunch at a different spot every day then do it again. These days im more about business but I look back fondly of that time haha.

location?