Any of yall fukk with wifi mesh?

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
how is it?
NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System (RBK653) – Router with 2 Satellite Extenders, Coverage Up to 6,000 Square Feet, 40 Devices, AX3000 (Up to 3Gbps) https://a.co/d/95g2yB7

This is the joint I got. Setup was kind of a pain but after resetting the system it went smoothly. I got webpass and I’m capped out at 100mbps in my condo based on buildings wiring. There used to be some dead spots and now I’m consistently getting speeds just under that everywhere in the house.

So far so good. At this point any issues I’m having are going to be with being capped at 100mbps.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried a mesh setup with the decos, it was inconsistent, too high ping, my PS4 wouldn't connect to it. Instead turned my spare router to a network switch and got some Ethernet cables.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have Google Nest WiFi and it’s mediocre. The main router is rock solid but I bought a 2nd router and hooked it up to make the mesh. My problem is I didn’t research this and the main router and 2nd router are using wireless backhaul and this system is dual band so it ends up using the 5Ghz radio for fronthaul and backhaul halving the available bandwidth. The 2nd router also randomly disconnects 2-3 times a week and requires a reset.

Thinking about upgrading to something else. With WiFI 6 most triband routers are 2, 5, and 6 so again they don’t have a dedicated radio for wireless backhaul. Quadband routers are pretty expensive.