Any of yall fukk with wifi mesh?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
most devices will default to the 2GHz.

its best to broadcast 2 ssid if you want to use exclusive 5GHz

thats the problem, google wifi doesn't offer that option at all but thats the cost of using automagically configured devices. theres gonna be some pros and cons.:manny:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
thats the problem, google wifi doesn't offer that option at all but thats the cost of using automagically configured devices. theres gonna be some pros and cons.:manny:

neither did my orbi but i found a way to with command prompt to change the 5ghz name and it didnt work.. LOL...

but my other router i use the 5ghz only on my stationary devices. TV, roku, ps4, etc. anything mobile i use the orbi mesh. to much walking around ot ensure it'll stay on 5Ghz

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nest WiFi shyt the bed this morning. Yesterday my 100mbps connection kept running at 20mbps. Today it went down completely. Plugged the modem up to a PC off the switch direct and no internet issues. Factory reset both Nest routers, swapped their locations and I'm back up and running but if I keep having problems I'm dumping these.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Nest WiFi shyt the bed this morning. Yesterday my 100mbps connection kept running at 20mbps. Today it went down completely. Plugged the modem up to a PC off the switch direct and no internet issues. Factory reset both Nest routers, swapped their locations and I'm back up and running but if I keep having problems I'm dumping these.

speed drops seems to be common with google wifi.

were you using 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

2.4ghz tend to be crowded.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
speed drops seems to be common with google wifi.

were you using 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

2.4ghz tend to be crowded.
I don't know because it doesn't allow you to choose. My device usually prefers 5ghz but in the same room as the router either way I should be at full speed.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I returned my deco M3, PS4 couldn't connect, lagging during gameplay, inconsistent speed, it did have a good wifi range.

You have get the premium mesh o get the most out of mesh network
*Always get TRIband and not dual band.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

firmware update?? maybe you should roll back

I returned my deco M3, PS4 couldn't connect, lagging during gameplay, inconsistent speed, it did have a good wifi range.

You have get the premium mesh o get the most out of mesh network
*Always get TRIband and not dual band.

i always plug in my PS4.. no matter how fast the connection i never trust it

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I don't know because it doesn't allow you to choose. My device usually prefers 5ghz but in the same room as the router either way I should be at full speed.

that sucks, I couldn't deal with that lack of control.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

what device you got... I have the netger orbi and cant choose but you can go into router with telnet and rename them so they have separate name

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
what device you got... I have the netger orbi and cant choose but you can go into router with telnet and rename them so they have separate name
iPhone 12 Pro. Google dumbs down the Wi-Fi so you can't do anything like that. You have to use the Google Home app.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
firmware update?? maybe you should roll back

i always plug in my PS4.. no matter how fast the connection i never trust it
You're plugging into a mesh or router because the mesh Ethernet was bad, matter of fact the PS4 has bad ethernet, I plugged it through Ethernet from the router 85mbps, a little faster than wifi, but all other devices connected Ethernet are over 500 mbps:francis: