Any of yall fukk with wifi mesh?

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I wanted the Linksys Atlas max 6e but the reviews on Amazon for it are killing it....

Anybody have this one? Maybe i should just go for the Velop.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You're plugging into a mesh or router because the mesh Ethernet was bad, matter of fact the PS4 has bad ethernet, I plugged it through Ethernet from the router 85mbps, a little faster than wifi, but all other devices connected Ethernet are over 500 mbps:francis:
I'm not surprised. My PS4 Pro has bad HDMI and when I plug it up to my tv the HDMI CEC shuts down and my soundbar stops working.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You're plugging into a mesh or router because the mesh Ethernet was bad, matter of fact the PS4 has bad ethernet, I plugged it through Ethernet from the router 85mbps, a little faster than wifi, but all other devices connected Ethernet are over 500 mbps:francis:

if you plug it in why is it 85m... plugged in is a like the gigabit switch.. unless you have an old 100m router/switch ...

i only use wifi for wifi devices.. everything else in my house is plugged it..
you might be getting bandwidth issues .. another reason why i added multiple routers to my network. separating TVs from phones and games and my alarm and cameras and my computers/printer

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm thinking my Tivo stopped my router from working. It's been a while since I used the Tivo. The HDMI died on it. Got my Nest Wifi back working but forgot to plug up the switch. When I did that the WiFi went back out. Unplugged stuff one by one and when the Tivo was unplugged it worked. I mean my HD Homerun Prime still works so the Tivo is unnecessary.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I returned my deco M3, PS4 couldn't connect, lagging during gameplay, inconsistent speed, it did have a good wifi range.

You have get the premium mesh o get the most out of mesh network
*Always get TRIband and not dual band.

is it true when a deco doesn't have a internet connection your local devices stop communicating with each other? like you can't connect to a local server?

what did you replace it with?

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is it true when a deco doesn't have a internet connection your local devices stop communicating with each other? like you can't connect to a local server?

what did you replace it with?
The decos always had an internet connection, so I can't say they behave that way. I got long Ethernet cord from the modem to living room, and converted an old router to be network switch and connected all Ethernet to that. Also, I have poweline adapter that works pretty well.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The decos always had an internet connection, so I can't say they behave that way. I got long Ethernet cord from the modem to living room, and converted an old router to be network switch and connected all Ethernet to that. Also, I have poweline adapter that works pretty well.

so, no more wifi? :dwillhuh:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I set one up for my mother's house. It's pretty cool for allowing large range and cutting out dead spots. She had one of those shyt routers from the cable company and there was no signal on one end of the house and I was really concerned because her outside security camera was near that end and it relied on wifi. Her camera was down like 80 percent of the time which defeats the purpose. :francis: So, I was like fukk it let me upgrade it and she hasn't called me with any complaints since I last visited.

I have a standard wifi 6 router in my apartment. I will probably set mesh up once I get a house. It seems like the default way to go for decent coverage in a house.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so, no more wifi? :dwillhuh:
My bad :russ:, modem is also a router so wifi is still available.All devices that have Ethernet I made sure to get them connected. No more struggle speed on my consoles.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I set one up for my mother's house. It's pretty cool for allowing large range and cutting out dead spots. She had one of those shyt routers from the cable company and there was no signal on one end of the house and I was really concerned because her outside security camera was near that end and it relied on wifi. Her camera was down like 80 percent of the time which defeats the purpose. :francis: So, I was like fukk it let me upgrade it and she hasn't called me with any complaints since I last visited.

I have a standard wifi 6 router in my apartment. I will probably set mesh up once I get a house. It seems like the default way to go for decent coverage in a house.

you can do this with multiple routers and not a mesh system

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I'm just taking my Nest Wifi to a house. I got two Nest router units, one Google Wifi unit, and a Nest add-on point. Right now in an apartment I'm only using the two Nest routers. I'd probably wire any house I buy for a wired backhaul.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
What are the best mesh systems for 2022? I currently just have a Nighthawk router I bought approximately five or six years ago, but I'm running into trouble streaming some things off a Plexshare I pay for.

Looking for a mesh system to cover approximately 1200 square feet -- preferably under $750.

Was looking at the Google system but it is not being WIfi6 is something I should be concerned about? There's also the Eero shyt but I'd rather not give amazon money if it can be avoided. Also, I think both kind of prevent you from accessing more detailed settings.

Last edited:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plugged the mesh wifi pod into my pc for better speed. Far more dependable than powerline adapter but slightly higher ping for gaming.