Any Hitchcock fans?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Strangers On A Train:banderas:

A near perfect film with an outstanding antagonist stained only by its climatic third act...
That merry-go-round :damn:

But that could just be the absurdity in Hitchcock's sense of humor. It's in alot of his films.
Are you hatin on the end breh? :what:

I can't tell if you meant anti-climactic..either way i disagree

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Are you hatin on the end breh? :what:

I can't tell if you meant anti-climactic..either way i disagree

I don't think you understood. Never said I hated the end; it's my favorite Hitchcock film...:comeon:

Hitchcock's absurd approach to it is why the third act is climactic; I think he did lowkey humor like this intentionally AND to convey a heightened sense of urgency at the same time. I find it more hilarious than tense after repeated viewings now because all of the little things going on in that scene:

Have you ever stopped to think in what world does a Merry-Go-Round need to go at such a ridiculous speed when fully throttled? I've watched this several times and often wondered why did he do that? Part of the plot of course but :huhldup: I mean generally kids ride these things and in the off chance of a mishap (not hardly but clearly not out of the realm of possibility), why would one endanger children with with a gear that high? What's its purpose to go that goddamn fast and when is that ever needed? :damn:

But the moment that set everything in motion, the police detective recklessly shooting into a crowd of people which resulted in the ride operator getting that bullet. In real life we all can attest that cops do some really dumb shyt but what this muthafukka did warrants him losing his job, pension and maybe doing jail time. Not to mention the lawsuits to come from those fortunate enough to walk away from the deluge.
I remember thinking WTF????!!!! :mindblown: He didn't think about maybe pursuing the suspect at first?

And of course our hero, an oldhead with itching gums comin' to the rescue. Every time they cut to him, he's moving wide-eyed and crawling at the pace of a snail and upon reaching his destination, Hitchcock turns his ass into The Flash with that speed up as he reaches to hit the switch.:mjlol:
It's your right to disagree, breh but if you don't see the fukkery during that sequence, I don't know what to tell you. I've come to believe that he honestly wanted viewers to see the funny in that scene. Still my personal fave from the man tho.:francis:Robert Walker carried it all the way through.

Last edited:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Greatest director of all time.

Don't have a favorite film at the moment but my top five

North by Northwest
Psycho
Rear Window
Vertigo
Strangers on a Train.

And I'm positive it'll change as life continues because he was that damn good. All the movies I've seen, I love them. Not a weak one

Last edited:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I'm rewatching I confess

Wtf at
this woman telling her whole life story during questioning:laff:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Psycho one of my least fav hitch films. :ehh:

Blackmail, murder, the lady vanishes, rebecca, suspicion, shadow of a doubt, lifeboat, notorious, rope, stage fright, strangers on a train, dial m for murder, rear window, to catch a thief, the man who knew too much(both versions), the wrong man, vertigo, north by northwest, the birds, marnie >>>>>>

Gotta rewatch some of these joints, and dive more into his earlier work.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I think in every Hitchcock film, even the bad ones, which I haven't seen a bad one yet or one I didn't like, you can study or learn from as a filmmaker.

I think just about every great director has taken something from Hitchcock. Even his movies in the 1930's you can catch how great he was going to become..