Any brehs work or worked at fedex or ups?

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
same...lasted a few weeks then quit...had my own business @ the time so I did it for supplemental income (4-hr shift) but more importantly I wanted the health benefits... @ the time tho benefits would not kick in for a few months (idk if it’s still that way) and I would’ve more than likely gotten hurt on the job before that happened unloading those trucks so I said fukk it and left eventually
No workers comp?

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
It takes that long to get off probation & into the union. And every check has union dues. And once ur in the union ur stewards get you out of EVERYTHING!! I’m no longer in the union & im still cool with the stewards. They cape harder than mods.
U remember how much the union dues were?

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
The real money in Fed ex and ups is when you have your class A CDL to be an over the road driver or your pilots license to fly their planes

My neighbor is a pilot for fed ex.. mofo get to travel the globe for free :mjcry:
I thought about getting my cdl but something in my head keeps telling me it's not a good idea.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It takes that long to get off probation & into the union. And every check has union dues. And once ur in the union ur stewards get you out of EVERYTHING!! I’m no longer in the union & im still cool with the stewards. They cape harder than mods.
I remember talking to a UPS driver who had lost his job making 80 racks and got it back in 2 weeks :ohhh:

What's mods?

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
4 hours = 8 hours of hard labor :russ:

They had me loading these big shyts, I quite after one night,, this back in 2001

new-2019-freightliner-m2_106-26boxtruck-12175-18963553-1-1024.jpg

:picard:
And this is back when there was no Amazon or e-commerce business. Imagine now :dwillhuh:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I thought about getting my cdl but something in my head keeps telling me it's not a good idea.
It’s a great idea to get ur CDL, there are a lot of people here who are in the industry. Although trucking companies are starting have self driving trucks as competition, it’s gonna be a while before they take over.

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
What position u work for at fedex?.... :jbhmm:
Pay attention to the thread, I’ve answered nothing directly about Fed Ex.

Lol, just busting ur chops breh. I’m a dispatcher at ups. I deal with a lot of things there. And it’s been a year. I can say that much. It’s... been a year and a month.

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
It’s a great idea to get ur CDL, there are a lot of people here who are in the industry. Although trucking companies are starting have self driving trucks as competition, it’s gonna be a while before they take over.
I hope I never see a self driving truck. Dude asleep at the wheel would freak me out.

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Like breh said, look at it as being paid to work out.

GJXM.gif

Not at my location!! Most of them dudes are out of shape af!! But that’s cause they got the forklifts. So if they have certain loads to they have to physically load it and use other equipment for assistance.

God I sound like a manager saying that last part. :mjlol:

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Worked at UPS as an unloader (only) for 3 years. AM shift. Anywhere from 3:30 AM - 8ish AM or earlier M-F (no weekends). My day job at the time was as a painter and I went to school too. Worst part about the job was the earlier hours period (especially during peak season aka xmas time Nov. - Dec.). During that period, you would start as early as midnight (on Mon morning)...all the way up to 4ish by Fri. morning...:scust:

The second worst part about the job was being in those trucks during the height of summer or winter. This mainly depends on what part of the country you live in tho.

I'm in the NE, so as you know, our winters can be treacherous, likewise for the summer. fukkin trucks were either a sauna, or a freezer...:sadcam:

As far as health benefits go, I got em off the rip...but like cats said, I think UPS switched that policy. You gotta wait a couple months for em to start now. Ppl were grabbin a job, using the benefits for themselves or family for a procedure...then quittin immediately after...:lolbron:

UPS coverage be A1...:wow:

As they should be tho, because you will be a broken cripple :old: if you stay there for a long time. Its a get-in get-out type of job...unless you drive (slavery too) or got a perky job.

As far as pros go, its a mans man job... meaning you gotta do the most to get fired. You can cuss bosses TF out and argue. You will never lose your job if you put in work, unless you get bagged stealing or get in a fight (even then it was hard to get fired). That union/Teamsters shyt usually kept managers at bay and kept UPS itself, under pressure.

I blew thru 53 FT. trucks in that bytch, and when you do that shyt, your a made-man in there. Coveted and close to untouchable. I damn there called my own shots. There's so many MFers that tap out and quit (weak ass nggas)...or heads that do the least to get by...one truck a day ass nggas...:scusthov:

A ngga like me blew threw 2-3 trucks every morning and would just walk TF out...no matter the time...:win:

I would face opposition sometimes, but they knew some dikkhead next to me didn't do half the work I did, so their hands would be tied. Just don't let bosses take advantage... otherwise they will guaranteed. If they'd fuk me for bein a worker...I'd just not come in the next day...:manny:

Notice I didn't say "call-out" because I had an uncountable amount of "no-call no shows"...:dead:

Again..if the beast workers didn't show up...they'd be fukked. They'd wanna get at you, but their hands were always tied...

"Fire me and depend on 1 truck a day Tommy to pull it out...:lolbron: Go thru 5 bums til you find another me. The work will never get out...:lolbron: Pray you don't get fired as a manger for not producing before you find a respectable replacement for me. Roll the dice and see how that works out cac...":lolbron:

They'd rather
push me to just show up and get the most they could outta me. There was a lot of leverage in that bytch.

The G'D up unloaders (myself included) would literally miss a day a wk (sometimes two). Never fired, only threatened...because they were always desperate for workers just to show up.

If workers fukked em, the (managers) jobs were on the line, or they'd have to get into the trucks themselves (work has to get out...it's UPS!)...:mjlol:

This is how "aint shyt workers" would get fired" and the "cream of the crop" ones could go unscathed...:demonic:

When I finally left, they were still calling me after I hadn't shown up for a month n change. Talkin shyt... but beggin a ngga to come back....:feedme:

I had moved on by then tho because I was burnt out and started getting mild back issues. If you work like a hoe tho and can't hang...you won't last long in there...:umad:

Hope this shyt was informative.

Last edited: