Any brehs work or worked at fedex or ups?

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
4 hours = 8 hours of hard labor :russ:

They had me loading these big shyts, I quite after one night,, this back in 2001

new-2019-freightliner-m2_106-26boxtruck-12175-18963553-1-1024.jpg

:picard:

Lol. That's what I was doing. I wanted to quit so bad during those first couple of weeks.
It took a lot not to quit, but I stuck with it and then I started to see my body transform.
After about two months I was in some of the best shape of my life.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Also when I was there, I think it took about 3 months before the benefits kicked in and they were taking my union fees out of my first several paychecks.

It takes that long to get off probation & into the union. And every check has union dues. And once ur in the union ur stewards get you out of EVERYTHING!! I’m no longer in the union & im still cool with the stewards. They cape harder than mods.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
That shyt SLAVE LABOR

Man. I tried to the independent shyt, live on my own the first time when I was 18

2 months of that shyt and other bullshyt $10 jobs, I quit and moved back to my parent house and went to college. fukk all day

Benefits are very nice though.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
It takes that long to get off probation & into the union. And every check has union dues. And once ur in the union ur stewards get you out of EVERYTHING!! I’m no longer in the union & im still cool with the stewards. They cape harder than mods.

For some reason I remember those first few paychecks being extra light. Like when I looked at them I was like I did all that work for this. :martin:
Maybe some initiation fees when you first get on?
Good point about the unions, I knew some people who down right horrible workers and they were able to keep their jobs.

Daio

PS_UMTS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Little Rock
I worked at both.

UPS was my 1st job, Fed Ex was my 2nd

I worked for a year at each started inside the trucks loading then became a sorter (guy who stand at the top of the belt and push the boxes down the shoot to the trucks)

If you're good at it they will just give you more work to do.

In 5 years or so you can become a driver, Every year we got a raise.

Fed Ex was a little easier because not a lot of volume of packages would come thru but UPS was would be backed up every night and every shift

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Good point about the unions, I knew some people who down right horrible workers and they were able to keep their jobs.

:russ: It’s people I’ve seen get fired MULTIPLE times and come back. Yeah you sit out a bit but, you come back & can grieve it and get back pay.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The real money in Fed ex and ups is when you have your class A CDL to be an over the road driver or your pilots license to fly their planes

My neighbor is a pilot for fed ex.. mofo get to travel the globe for free :mjcry:

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Worked package handler FedEx at Oakland airport.

Lots of fukkery because most workers in that position ain't really doing shyt in life

You will be tossing/kicking packages to keep up with the flow of work

Benefits solid

Room for advancement of you stick with it and aren't caught up in interpersonal fukkerry.