Any black person who still watches Game of Thrones after this scene is a co0n

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
:comeon: black people...

(the most overrepresented minority in the media) are really starting to annoy the crap out of me with this sh!t now :ufdup: You had a legit point with Games of thrones now be quiet.

Walking Dead in the same damn camp. Had to stop watching the show because of that 'cism storyline that was added in by the writers.

ecks12

Pro
Daps
Reppin
>_>
no-fags-today.jpg

shaq-laugh.gif

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
u were slaves for 400 yrs tho?

thats kind of long enough to build a reputation for being a slave bro

:manny:

and y'all was unwashed savages livin in caves for thousands of years

that's long enough to properly label y'all cavemen and cavebytches :gag:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. the fact that it even upsets you shows that white media already won against YOU. YOU applied the context that black =/= slaves in fact if we are talking about a straight up BLACK PERSON then Sallador Saan is the only thing close. And he was a Pirate...the embodiment of being a master of your own destiny, a part of the reason just about ALL cultures romanticize them.

2. in the text the slaves of Astapor and Yunkai are ALL colors...however, LOGISTICALLY it makes no sense to employ/fly out/lodge/feed and costume a bunch of asian/white/latin people when you are shooting in Morocco... $$$$$ >>>>>>>> Skin color, c00n :ufdup:

3. A pregnant woman was stabbed to death at a wedding but nikkas are mad at freed "slaves". :why: Shouldn't blade abortions rank a little lower on your wretchedness scale than some slaves being happy they were freed?

4. Stop being so color struck. You are not a slave and never will be, a white man will never be your master nor anyone else's. Harping on color so much takes away from the focus on the culture and it looks backwards, UPN and BET have done much more to ruin the image of us than HBO ever did.

5. Race doesn't exist. :pachaha:

:upsetfavre:
Race may not exist but that doesn't excuse
people pushing certain ideas about darker skinned individuals.

Haha this dude man. Why don't you guys just watch TV One and BET if you need black people to be in the shows you watch.. smh yall dudes stay complaining about the wrong sh*t. Does that guy have a video about education in the black community or is his expertise only dissecting tv shows for black actor quotas

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You're an idiot :snoop:

While I don't agree that the show is "racist", the complete
fukking dismissal of the thread starter was disgusting.

All of this "You should write your own SHOW !" and "If you don't like
it...DON'T WATCH IT !" are some lame responses.
As if it's okay to portray blacks as idiots and fuel for the slave trade
as long as the show isn't "written for blacks" or whatever these idiots
are insinuating.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That scene was disturbing to me, but it was also pointless, the show creators (DB Weiss and David Benioff) have botched many scenes/characters from the books.

The book describes some of the slaves in the free cities as having white or olive skin, light colored eyes, etc. Daenerys herself has roots in Essos, in Valyria, which is not too far from Astapor.

THIS. Slavery is outlawed in Westeros. They do have a class system which in a way creates a type of indentured servitude ("economic slavery"). Low borns can become lords or knights, and high borns can lose their titles.

look

I don't give a fukk about the books. How many fukkin times do I have to repeat that. My criticism is solely on the TV SHOW. I don't care about the mythology that cac created. My problem is the fact that on this show black people are just slaves. Thats it!!!

You've already claimed they haven't been 100% consistent with the books. Well instead of justifying why black people should be slaves, why don't they have some black lords or knights. They already got dragons and dead people walking so you can't act like its a documentary. If dragons can exist then fukking black people should be able to exist in Europe without being slaves.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
bububut he used to be a slave!

this thread and the "white folks got you brainwashed" peanut gallery are ridiculous when people have already pointed out there are white slaves in the show.

you fukking idiots.....how many times do we have to point this out

the issue isn't about having a multicultural group of slaves

the issue is the fact that black people are potrayed in simply one light....SLAVES

we already know that there are white slaves, servants, kings, lords, knights, etc.

white people are not defined as one thing......black people on the other hand are defined by one thing.....SLAVERY

that is the problem

having some white slave in a group of black/brown slaves doesn't change the problem

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
you fukking idiots.....how many times do we have to point this out

the issue isn't about having a multicultural group of slaves

the issue is the fact that black people are potrayed in simply one light....SLAVES

we already know that there are white slaves, servants, kings, lords, knights, etc.

white people are not defined as one thing......black people on the other hand are defined by one thing.....SLAVERY

that is the problem

having some white slave in a group of black/brown slaves doesn't change the problem
What does any of this have to do with Game of Thrones? People have already explained to you there are black kingdoms in game of thrones, and the people Khaleesi freed are essentially middle-eastern folks because of the area of westeros she is in. It seems to me you're the one saying black people are only defined by slavery, it doesn't make it true.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
And if he didn't want to do that, he could've made one of the kingdoms over in Essos black. Only thing I can say is....there's 4 land masses in Game of Thrones. We've only seen two. The third one....Sothoros....is meant to represent Africa and to date, nothing besides the most northern tip has been revealed. So hopefully there's a few Egypts, Nubias and Malis down there. It better be :birdman: It better be a black king with a gold empire, a mocha skinned queen and Zulu warriors or else :birdman: Not no lame tribal muthafukkas running around naked and shyt...

And for the record, that Black dude from Qarth ended up being a broke ass fraud. Stop bringing him up. It's a bad example.

Sothoros is a large continent, covered in jungles, plague-ridden, and largely unexplored.

Naath is an island of the northwestern coast of the continent of Sothoryos. The people are called Naathi. They are called the Peaceful People they make music rather than war and kill nothing, not even animals, eating only fruit and never flesh. They are widely sought after by slavers who consider them to make the best slaves.

They have a unique look to them with flat faces, dark skin and golden eyes.

:beli: i guess this is something to look forward to

i said the same thing as the threadstarter the moment i saw that finale on TV...it was one of the most blatantly, arrogantly racist things i ever seen on any show ever

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli: i guess this is something to look forward to

i said the same thing as the threadstarter the moment i saw that finale on TV...it was one of the most blatantly, arrogantly racist things i ever seen on any show ever

i noticed the same thing...

Superstar
Daps
Look. I don't give a fukk about the book or the dude who wrote it. I've only seen the TV show. So stop defending your boyfriend. I couldn't give two shyts about him.

The characters in the show = the characters in the book.

Also, you're an idiot.