Any black person who still watches Game of Thrones after this scene is a co0n

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:pachaha:

Man... Stow that. Walking Dead plays Highlander games with blacks.

:comeon: black people...

(the most overrepresented minority in the media) are really starting to annoy the crap out of me with this sh!t now :ufdup: You had a legit point with Games of thrones now be quiet.

|r|e|a|d|

Hail!!
Daps
Reppin
PJ's to the Burbs

:whew: He went IN

His rant on black books and tv I've been sayin for years, and years and years

And to answer his question about where is "our" GoT or sumthing close

lionsblood.jpg

I always thought this would make for a great HBO series

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
the reason they dont do it is because sales flop and ratings drop. maybe if more black folks (all black folks) supported said movies/shows, they'd do more of it. how many people here went and saw redtails? afterearth? its shyt like that.

so dont cry when cacs dont make you powerful, chances are if you were making a movie you wouldnt make them powerful either, it works both ways. you want these types of movies, support your black producers and directors. show hollywood its what you want.

anyways, from my understanding, Will Smith is supposed to make another movie, based on an actual BLACK Egyptian Pharoah from Nubia who reconquored egypt from the north invaders. Lets see what kind of support he gets...

:usure:The reason those movies bomb is not because of black people but because white people aren't trying to watch a movie they perceive as a black movie. If you replaced seinfield with an all black cast and everything else was the same it would of bombed. Even George Lucas admitted that the studios told him not to make redtails because white people aren't trying to see that. I have so many coworkers that somehow watch the simpsons, family guy and American Dad but don't watch the Cleveland show because they aren't sure if they will like it:blink:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
:usure:The reason those movies bomb is not because of black people but because white people aren't trying to watch a movie they perceive as a black movie. If you replaced seinfield with an all black cast and everything else was the same it would of bombed. Even George Lucas admitted that the studios told him not to make redtails because white people aren't trying to see that. I have so many coworkers that somehow watch the simpsons, family guy and American Dad but don't watch the Cleveland show because they aren't sure if they will like it:blink:

no shyt, but IF black people supported it 100% it would do ratings. Thing is black people don't support their own movies and rarely their own shows. There are shows like basketball wives that do well because blacks like that shyt. don't underestimate the buying power of black america. It only takes 1 million (there's 30 mil of us) to have a show or movie pop off.

Morph

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That scene was disturbing to me, but it was also pointless, the show creators (DB Weiss and David Benioff) have botched many scenes/characters from the books.

The book describes some of the slaves in the free cities as having white or olive skin, light colored eyes, etc. Daenerys herself has roots in Essos, in Valyria, which is not too far from Astapor.

I'm getting a little tired of the excuses. It's time for them to add a black series regular that isn't some fukking slave, or fukking mercenary, or handmaiden, or whatever the fukk.

I think that they should make the Dornish to be black....book descriptions be damned.
HOPEFULLY they will cast black English actors like Idris Elba to play the Martells.

My problem is the fact that black people are simply slaves to white people even in fiction. I wouldn't have had much of a problem if there were no black people on the show. It would've sucked but I would've just chalked it up to a make believe world created by cacs. What I do have a problem about is the fact that the only black people ever on the show are current or former slaves. That imbeds in the consciousness of all viewers that black have been and continue to be nothing more than slaves.
That's a whole different conversation. The show isn't 100% faithful to the book. Season 4 and 5, and the upcoming book (Winds of Winter), feature the Martells, which are described as dark/olive skinned people.

In GOT, there are white slaves, warriors, lords and kings. We seen black slaves, black warriors....where are the black lords and kings :lupe:
why couldnt one of the seven kingdoms be ruled by a black man?
watch season 4

In the books some of the unsullied are white and have blue and green eyes, slavery is also looked down upon. Just sayin.
THIS. Slavery is outlawed in Westeros. They do have a class system which in a way creates a type of indentured servitude ("economic slavery"). Low borns can become lords or knights, and high borns can lose their titles.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
HOPEFULLY they will cast black English actors like Idris Elba to play the Martells.

Well seeing as how the Martells look something like Italians. I highly doubt they're going to make them black for the show.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
So ya dumb asses gonna keep ignoring the fact me and a couple otther posters already pointed out they got black kingdoms in that world? The fact that the region dany is in is like the middle east? That slaves are not just people of color, they got white slaves also? How about ya talk about the black slave master walking around with his white slaves in ep. 3?

Where's the outrage from the Asians? They don't exist at all in that world

Thread is full of idiots, espicially OP

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So ya dumb asses gonna keep ignoring the fact me and a couple otther posters already pointed out they got black kingdoms in that world? The fact that the region dany is in is like the middle east? That slaves are not just people of color, they got white slaves also? How about ya talk about the black slave master walking around with his white slaves in ep. 3?

Where's the outrage from the Asians? They don't exist at all in that world

Thread is full of idiots, espicially OP

tyrions bytch is asian

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
The first black guy on the show was the richest dude in the world :childplease: Shut the fukk up

Notice how he was not a real power broker though. Besides, didn't he have his chain snatched before being thrown in a vault?

What's interesting is that in the books, there's a black kingdom described almost exactly like those pictures. complete with an authenic culture and defined by grace and a progressive attitude about sex. It's a shame that don't get much air time on tv or really in the books as well.

That scene did make me roll my eyes, tho

:ohhh: That's good stuff.