Antoine Fuqua to direct Scarface Remake (Based in Present Day LA)

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
With RICO laws of today, there won't be any big bankers laundering money at TD Bank or Wells Fargo like in the 80s film.

Please, I hope there aren't any cameos from DePalma's version.

New Scarface: "Eh, that is my Uncle Tony, he was a shot caller from back in the day"
Pacino Scarface: "Something like that"

I just can't see it being successful tbh as Feds are certainly more aware of PC and trafficking now...

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
However flawed you believe the movie as a whole is, Pacino's performance was legendary. There's no one IMO who can duplicate that, Scarface worked because of it was set around Castro throwing out all those criminals

Yep that was the key. This new movie would probably be best if it took place in a border town between Mexico and California or Texas.

Those areas everything goes and really has a feel for 80s Miami.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Yep that was the key. This new movie would probably be best if it took place in a border town between Mexico and California or Texas.

Those areas everything goes and really has a feel for 80s Miami.
Interesting point. He was working the for below minimum wage and was fukk this shyt!

Edub

Veteran
Daps
i aint one of these Scarface addict ass muthafukkas that gotta watch it every other day or one of these goofy "its overrated" ass nikkas
so im open to see what they could with a new one
CANT be no worse than that bullshyt prequel to Carlitos Way :martin:
They did a sloppy prequel to Carlitos way breh?!:pachaha::mjlol:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Who tf could actually bring what Al Pacino brought to Scarface...this is an L before it began:francis:

Why not just do an original LA crime story...don't use Scarface to push it....cuz that's the most Scarface will do for this.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I'm there, and you niccas shytting on it now will be there when it opens. Scarface was dope, Oliver Stone wrote the movie while he was struggling with a coke addiction.
That's good to know but Oliver Stone isn't writing this one bruh. It might be aight, but I wouldn't hold my breath doggie.