Antoine Fuqua to direct Scarface Remake (Based in Present Day LA)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't against another Scarface, but with Fuqua:ld:

CANT be no worse than that bullshyt prequel to Carlitos Way :martin:
:francis:

I remember watching going "In the original, people said they thought Carlito was Italian, this dude clearly looks Hispanic":patrice:

and

"Wait, this movie ended with him getting out the life with a bunch and going to the Caribbean with his girl:patrice:, wasn't that his goal in the first one:dwillhuh:"

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Huge Fuqua fan but remaking "Scarface" is unnesseary at this point. He's already remaking "Magnificant Seven" which was also a remake ("Seven Samurai"). Also Marty is right, a lot of people don't even know the Al Pacino version is a remake. Even though it was straight to video and suppose to be a prequel, "Carlito's Way: Rise of Power" comes to mind when I hear the news sadly. Just like with all those terrible Arnold Remakes, they definitely don't need to be redoing Legendary roles from Pacino. This isn't about Fuqua or his talent as a director. And I know he can get grimey. But Pacino had De Palma on the lense with Oliver Stone on the Pen. It's not getting topped, let it go. This is about doing another remake.

220px-Scar2.gif

220px-Scarface_-_1983_film.jpg

190px-Carlitos_way_rise_to_power.jpg

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But Pacino had De Palma on the lense with Oliver Stone on the Pen. It's not getting topped, let it go.

I actually don't think it's that hard to make a movie better than the Pacino Scarface.

One that's more iconic, not getting topped, a better movie, definitely doable.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Great original content is at a premium.

Y'all going to watch that movie, at least support a breh and watch his short film.​

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
SMH. fukking Hollywood. Scarface and Crow remakes announced on the same day :heh:

Give us something new.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
This just sounds like a really stupid idea to me, like doing another ghostbusters.

It's always gonna draw comparisons to the 80s version and even if it's technically a superior film it will never live up to it because of Pacino.

If they wanna make a modern day crime movie following the story of a gangster on the come up then fine... just don't call it Scarface. And yea I understand that Pacino's was also a remake but that was like 40-50 years removed and nothing from that original movie had nearly the same cultural resonance.

But in this case the shoes are impossible to fill.