Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I might just play a little bit of the campaign…I heard you can just choose a private session cuz I wasn’t interested in playing online…ME1-3 has me fiending for a “related” gaming experience which is how I ended up stuck playing andromeda despite warnings…I’m hoping that the KOTOR remake rumors are true and also that EA remakes or remasters dragon age origins…I need that fix :sadcam:
Its honestly better than Andromeda FWIW :yeshrug: Last time I played Anthem was early last year so a lot of the performance issues are gone. Anthem's combat is fire. The problem is the same one that Avengers is facing though - stale endgame.

Anthem caught a ton of shyt for not being like other Bioware games (no party members/weak cast, story largely secondary and open ,etc) but the gameplay is still solid and the world is beautiful if nothing else. The problem with Anthem that ultimately killed it was the fact they never laid down a framework for adding content quickly and build upon itself like Destiny/For Honor/etc. The task of pushing out large content drops for all platforms with something like Frostbite was never gonna work.

You should be able to find Anthem dirt cheap anywhere. For other RPGs like Mass Effect though or ones that strike the same notes though? You'd probably get better and more targeted recommendations by making a thread. Right now, I'm playing Encased for example. Its still early access, gonna drop in September most likely, but its the closest thing to OG Fallout that I've played in years and I'd suggest it to anyone who's been missing those kinds of vibes.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Anthem should have been more :mjcry:. Like the concept of a 3rd person loot shooter sounds real good on paper and the graphics for the game just simply :ohlawd:. Yet, everything came crashing down once it hit release date:huhldup:.

• Glitches out of the ass
  • Lack of polish most of the area
  • GAAS:camby:
  • The most retarded storyline in existence
  • Microtransactions over fixing up the fukking game

To this very day I want to head punt my co worker for talking me into copping such a train wreck of a game.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Man, I desperately want them to do a remaster of the Dragon Age series, but I'm unsure of how they even find the time for it.

On one hand, assuming Mass Effect Legendary Edition sold to their expectations, they'd be dumb not to, especially since by the time the next Dragon Age comes out, it will be right around 10 years since the last one came out, and it could use a reintroduction.

But on the other hand, they all need some serious help. Mass Effect was a bit of a layup to remaster. Since it's really just a third person shooter series with RPG elements, the tweaks were more graphical, and creating closet to a unified experience. Dragon Age would need all kinds of work, since the gameplay is all over the place on a game to game basis, and the visuals weren't all that great until Inquisition, which ironically, is the one where the engine gave them the worst trouble in development.

But it's something I'd say that needs to happen, even if it just gives people an easy way to get all the DLC. EA was on some fukk shyt with Origins, and there's a lot of piff that they sold piecemeal. Had brehs spending well over $100 to get all the good shyt. :hhh:
I probably put 100 dollars into ME3 multiplayer back in the day

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Anthem should have been more :mjcry:. Like the concept of a 3rd person loot shooter sounds real good on paper and the graphics for the game just simply :ohlawd:. Yet, everything came crashing down once it hit release date:huhldup:.

• Glitches out of the ass
  • Lack of polish most of the area
  • GAAS:camby:
  • The most retarded storyline in existence
  • Microtransactions over fixing up the fukking game

To this very day I want to head punt my co worker for talking me into copping such a train wreck of a game.
As much as the story goes nowhere in Anthem, it was still better than Andromeda where you're actively going around doing dumb shyt constantly while also taking brazen liberties with previous established narratives from ME1-3 :francis:

I don't even think the lore in Anthem was bad. You just do *nothing* of significance in it. That was the hurdle for Destiny for the longest time as well.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as the story goes nowhere in Anthem, it was still better than Andromeda where you're actively going around doing dumb shyt constantly while also taking brazen liberties with previous established narratives from ME1-3 :francis:

I don't even think the lore in Anthem was bad. You just do *nothing* of significance in it. That was the hurdle for Destiny for the longest time as well.

Facts.

These motherfukkers seven years deep, and JUST decided to get their shyt together. :mjlol:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

Breh....I even bought the Art Book for the game :mjcry:. I WANT TO LOVE THIS GAME!

But I ended up just tapping out the moment I got to level 30:snoop:. It just pains me when games that have so ambition ends up being dumpster fires, while the most shyttiest of games ends up on their 5th part:shaq2:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Facts.

These motherfukkers seven years deep, and JUST decided to get their shyt together. :mjlol:
Destiny low key got one of the best running narratives in gaming right now :damn:

when witch queen drops :wow::wow::wow::damn:
Breh....I even bought the Art Book for the game :mjcry:. I WANT TO LOVE THIS GAME!

But I ended up just tapping out the moment I got to level 30:snoop:. It just pains me when games that have so ambition ends up being dumpster fires, while the most shyttiest of games ends up on their 5th part:shaq2:
That's what hurt. The concept art and designs they laid out for Anthem deserved MUCH more respect than what was shown in the final product :mindblown:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

That's what happens when companies want to be greedy and focus only on online multiplayer modes and loot boxes and microtransactions. :francis: after a while the player base is like :dahell: damn I'm tired of playing this shyt day in and out it's the same fukking game... Games burn themselves out that way. Like I remember when they said on COD, they was just gonna outright charge you $60 for the multiplayer and $60 for the single player campaign...:picard: this shyt getting outta hand Activision had to walk that back...I wouldn't be surprised if they do this with halo infinite

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Destiny low key got one of the best running narratives in gaming right now :damn:

when witch queen drops :wow::wow::wow::damn:

That's what hurt. The concept art and designs they laid out for Anthem deserved MUCH more respect than what was shown in the final product :mindblown:

The Destiny narrative is fukking CRAZY right now. You've gotta work to get a lot of it, but they definitely make it worth the effort.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
That's what happens when companies want to be greedy and focus only on online multiplayer modes and loot boxes and microtransactions. :francis: after a while the player base is like :dahell: damn I'm tired of playing this shyt day in and out it's the same fukking game... Games burn themselves out that way. Like I remember when they said on COD, they was just gonna outright charge you $60 for the multiplayer and $60 for the single player campaign...:picard: this shyt getting outta hand Activision had to walk that back...I wouldn't be surprised if they do this with halo infinite

As much as I am a big Halo fanboy, I know for a fact that the MP will be a overkill shytshow because of the "Free" multiplayer. You already know its going to be MTX out of the ass along with probably like 3 maps that will get tired after a while:francis:.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I see that the lead writer on ME1-2 also worked on this…is the story good at least?

what exactly is wrong with anthem?

never played it…just know it received overwhelming backlash so I never gave it a fair shot…I think it’s free since I have game pass so maybe I’ll give it a shot

It started out on a bad foot because Bioware essentially took all the resources and money from the beloved Mass Effect series and put that on hold to make Anthem and as a whole, this game couldn't hold a candle to Mass Effect.

The gameplay itself was good, but it was literally just Mass Effect with flying mechs. There is absolutely no reason they couldn't make the same game in the Mass Effect universe. But also the game had tons of technical issues and once they resolved all the bugs, there wasn't very much to actually do in the game for the first year.

Bad decisions upon bad decisions basically.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Download it from EA play and the game play is phenomenal

You feel more like iron man ..then in the avengers :dahell:

You can do a lot of the main mission solo by setting things to private

Running on ps5 ..the game runs phenomenal..I watch reviews and it seems they ship it in a bad state...

Now the loading time like 30 seconds and the world got no frame rate drops