Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
All these impressions from outlets who live on clickbait :dead: I just want to play this shyt without committing to Origin :to:

people loved mass effect and this ain't game of the year - we all knew that

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
They had to have. They up in the offices like 'fukk it'. Lackluster ME3, Inquisition wasn't that hot, MEA bomb, and now this? They threw in the towel long ago. I don't know why I keep thinking they gonna put out some heat, that Bioware is long gone.
How is goty 2014 "not that hot" shyt was both a financial and a critical success.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
unsticky this dead ass game... game is dead upon arrival.. no buzz on twitch, no buzz anywhere

major flop

Apex 240k viewers
Overwatch 230k viewers
Fortnite 100k viewers
Rainbow 6 90k viewers

Anthem on launch day/early access when it will have the most buzz..... 58k viewers :hhh:

its over already
:dwillhuh: i just don't understand why EA would drop this game with no type of hype, Apex over shadows this game.... and you are right this shyt only made it to like 4th on twitch before dropping down, bioware is fukked :huhldup:

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Twitch is not a good judge for a PVE game

So is the general consensus that this will die and only the few committed will stay which is when it will get better so stay away until then ??

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:dwillhuh: i just don't understand why EA would drop this game with no type of hype, Apex over shadows this game.... and you are right this shyt only made it to like 4th on twitch before dropping down, bioware is fukked :huhldup:
apex overshadowing all games
I don't think people get that Apex is putting people on Origin

Anthem as a GaaS model with all the supports + bells/whistles that implies means that simply keeping it around (like For Honor for Ubisoft) will make sure it gets money.

EA obviously didn't suspect that Apex would get this type of buzz out the gate, but damn sure eases their worries regarding a lot of their bigger titles going forward.

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
I regret paying the original price for the pre-order, and the 14 or whatever ontop for the early play access. The game has SO many loading screens, and they take FOREVER to finish loading. I'm reading its somewhat better with the game installed on a SSD. Another thing, as of now, there isnt enough to do. I'm basically finished with the content, at level 18, granted there is only one stronghold now; and hopefully for the full opening next week more quest will be added. So now im just changing to different suits and grinding gear through the one stronghold(out of only two more that will be available), and open world map.

Then there is a bug that happens more often than not, that for whatever reason if you need to/want to leave during a stronghold match, you have to alt+f4 out. There is no exit button/key to bring you back to the lobby or main menu. Which wouldnt be a problem for me if it wouldnt bring me back to the other glaring problem; the GODDAMN LONG LOAD TIMES. Then there is another bug where sometimes you join a game and after the game finally loads in, you sometimes need to catch up to whoever was playing before you got in; and the entrance to parts of the map they're in are closed. With no way to get through. So now you have to leave the match, and go through the load times again, and hopefully find a match on the next go around that isnt bugged. There is also a bug where all the sound in the game goes off, and you have to restart the game to get it back...

All in all I wouldnt advise anyone to pay for this yet. Long story short: Not nearly enough content, not optimized at all, bugs so blatant you wonder if they beta tested this

BTW my Origin name is 1YcageL1 if anyone wants to add me or whatever.

Last edited:

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
:ehh: added. CommanderVenkas is my Origin name.

The more I play it, the more I like it :francis:

This $15 might have made me buy the game :mjcry:

Seen your request as I was logging out for the night, added.