Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I think I’m gonna blindly first day cop it.

I never played Destiny, The Division or Titanfall, so I’m kinda curious to play a game of this type..... ultra RPG with no real SP.

So this my non jaded entry in

Martha
Same I never played those games:yeshrug:

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
If this had an actual single player story campaign like a mass effect or a Horizon Zero Dawn I would be all over this because the gameplay mechanics/graphics look really good.

As it stands though I have no interest in fighting hordes of nameless enemies collecting random loot and random spawned world events. That shyt is not even remotely fun. I don't know why developers think that's what gamers enjoy.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
If this had an actual single player story campaign like a mass effect or a Horizon Zero Dawn I would be all over this because the gameplay mechanics/graphics look really good.

As it stands though I have no interest in fighting hordes of nameless enemies collecting random loot and random spawned world events. That shyt is not even remotely fun. I don't know why developers think that's what gamers enjoy.
MMORPGs was a PC thing at first and console players were begging for them, this should have been the natural evolution of Mass Effect if they could have afforded to keep their writers, now Bioware is doing the DC thing and forcing it

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Bruh tons of people play looter shooters. Why are cats acting like this is the only looter shooter ever made?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

nameless enemies, random loot, and open world events "this never happened in HZD or Mass Effect :skip:"

i don't even think yal know what else to do but hate at this point

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
nameless enemies, random loot, and open world events "this never happened in HZD or Mass Effect :skip:"

i don't even think yal know what else to do but hate at this point
:stopitslime: you're being purposefully obtuse. Those designs are part of a larger objective driven narrative. The designs here are to have endless replayable meaningless missions to continue to have people online as a part of their live service model with the hopes of eventually monetizing their experiences. The story is a tacked on excuse to continue playing the game as it will only be available in "hubs" rather than the driving force it is in those other games listed.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:stopitslime: you're being purposefully obtuse. Those designs are part of a larger objective driven narrative. The designs here are to have endless replayable meaningless missions to continue to have people online as a part of their live service model with the hopes of eventually monetizing their experiences. The story is a tacked on excuse to continue playing the game as it will only be available in "hubs" rather than the driving force it is in those other games listed.
Its not being obtuse if you're gonna keeping using 'meaning' like it isn't is subjective

some of the stuff being brought up now just has zero legs. monetization? Even Fire Emblem is loaded with monetization now. Its the industry
"Those designs are part of a larger objective driven narrative" what the fukk isn't? :mindblown: that's not even a criticism.

Endlessly replayable missions? THE HORROR :damn::damn:

And you know nothing about the gameplay loop to suggest that story telling is limited exclusively to hub zones. shyt, that hasn't even been a thing since before Runescape

what ever happened to just saying some shyt ain't for you?