Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
Its not being obtuse if you're gonna keeping using 'meaning' like it isn't is subjective

some of the stuff being brought up now just has zero legs. monetization? Even Fire Emblem is loaded with monetization now. Its the industry
"Those designs are part of a larger objective driven narrative" what the fukk isn't? :mindblown: that's not even a criticism.

Endlessly replayable missions? THE HORROR :damn::damn:

And you know nothing about the gameplay loop to suggest that story telling is limited exclusively to hub zones. shyt, that hasn't even been a thing since before Runescape

what ever happened to just saying some shyt ain't for you?
I'm not just making shyt up this is from them according to kotaku:

So how, exactly, will Anthem’s story unfold? There won’t be a lot of non-combat options in Anthem, which is structured around a single hub (called Fort Tarsis) in which you do all of your interaction with NPCs. You will get some dialogue options that will affect how these NPCs treat you, although the game’s developers say there won’t be any sort of branching narrative the way there is in Dragon Ageand Mass Effect.

https://kotaku.com/bioware-wants-you-to-know-that-story-is-a-priority-for-1830921216

And you're acting like EA didn't explicitly say they are moving to live service type games in order to monetize gamers.
Electronic Arts continues to push for a service-based vision of the games industry as it targets ongoing monetisation of its audience.

EA touts

I'm damn sure not gonna excuse that asjust "the industry." Show me where the monetization is in God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm not just making shyt up this is from them according to kotaku:

https://kotaku.com/bioware-wants-you-to-know-that-story-is-a-priority-for-1830921216

And you're acting like EA didn't explicitly say they are moving to live service type games in order to monetize gamers.

EA touts

I'm damn sure not gonna excuse that asjust "the industry." Show me where the monetization is in God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn.
I'm one of the most outspoken people here when it comes to monetization but singling out Anthem while sports games fukk people backwards for shyt that's been included in previous iterations along with doing shyt like making MyGM linked to progression systems is disingenuous as fukk :camby:

these types of games in particular have always been on the side of having some sort of real money economy. this isn't a case of hitting you with a shadow of mordor system where you couldn't even play the end game past a certain point without spending cash. you've got entirely single player experiences that take advantage of. you've also got call of duty trying to sell people a simple red dot reticle for a dollar.

and kotaku? :scust: you want to talk about shills and link kotaku unironically

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
gonna be too late :mjpls:
nah, the end game is what really matters in these type of games. i've experienced many painfully long dry spells in Destiny, and The Division throughout the years, ain't going thru that again. if the game is still engaging somehow after the base content is completed, then i'll jump on - most likely with friends that think like me. A few guys I work with are doing the same

Last edited: