Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The midnight boys podcast (van lathan, The Ringer) summed it up early in their instant reactions:

You just can't be that powerful and lose to antman. :francis:

At least be like “oh hes at 10% of his power etc” weakened can mean fukking anything. Its a convenient ass pull for all the eventual Ls they bout to make the Kang Gang take :dead:

Oh that variant was only 23% full power. Go mcu :mjgrin:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: keep holding on to your "plot hole" fam.
Okay. How weakened was he, or is this just a easy way to be able to job him at will and stans hand wave it away:whoo:

He was putting up quadruple doubles the whole movie then turned into Ben Simmons inexplicably. Its nonsense and Im amused your trying to act like its good storytelling.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
...but then he got his suit. And was absolutely destroying things...he got his powers. And took an L. To Ant men and women. He should've at LEAST killed Pym.
he was banished to a place outside of space and time so he still didn't have FULL capabilities. He was intentionally sent to the quantum realm by the other Kangs.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
he was banished to a place outside of space and time so he still didn't have FULL capabilities. He was intentionally sent to the quantum realm by the other Kangs.
You're making the bolded up because at no time did they say that. He didn't have capabilities because he didn't have his suit because his energy source was broken....then it got fixed.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Okay. How weakened was he, or is this just a easy way to be able to job him at will and stans hand wave it away:whoo:

He was putting up quadruple doubles the whole movie then turned into Ben Simmons inexplicably. Its nonsense and Im amused your trying to act like its good storytelling.
weak enough that the endfight was just a fistfight
weak enough that he couldn't escape the quantum realm
weak enough that he could never catch or find Janet the whole time she was in the quantum realm
weak enough that couldn't figure out how to put that battery of his ship back together on his own
weak enough that the ants could over run him.
LMAO...keeping on to your plotholes dog.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Wait. He was in this movie? Where? Who?
Ant-man-Quaz.jpg

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
You're making the bolded up because at no time did they say that. He didn't have capabilities because he didn't have his suit because his energy source was broken....then it got fixed.
He didn't have his full capabilities because if he did Kang would have just left the quantum realm. :gucci: He's a multiversal threat.
He didn't have his full capabilities because HE'S BEATEN THE AVENGERS ACROSS MULTIPLE UNIVERSES WHEN HE WAS AT FULL STRENGTH. :gucci:

Yall have to actually process some things.

and he was banished specifically to the quantum realm...outside of space and time...so that he didn't have full capabilitis.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
weak enough that the endfight was just a fistfight
weak enough that he couldn't escape the quantum realm
weak enough that he could never catch or find Janet the whole time she was in the quantum realm
weak enough that couldn't figure out how to put that battery of his ship back together on his own
weak enough that the ants could over run him.
LMAO...keeping on to your plotholes dog.

Youre the only one using the term plot holes. I never said that. I just said the plot was bad

You know what a straw man fallacy is right :jbhmm:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Youre the only one using the term plot holes. I never said that. I just said the plot was bad

You know what a straw man fallacy is right :jbhmm:
LMAO...just admit you were wrong and now you're arguing the semantics of "plot hole". Arguing semantics is also a fallacy. :mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
He didn't have his full capabilities because if he did Kang would have just left the quantum realm. :gucci: He's a multiversal threat.
He didn't have his full capabilities because HE'S BEATEN THE AVENGERS ACROSS MULTIPLE UNIVERSES WHEN HE WAS AT FULL STRENGTH. :gucci:

Yall have to actually process some things.

and he was banished specifically to the quantum realm...outside of space and time...so that he didn't have full capabilitis.
You are ignoring the facts presented by the film.
He needed his suit and ship to travel the multiverse. This is unarguable. He needed to fix or rebuild his power source. Once he did, he was manipulating others literally with the flick of his wrist and murdering people at will. And was ready to travel out of the realm…because his suit and ship was fixed.

But then, and this is bad writing…his suit got wrecked by ants. That is bullshyt. And as such, the final act of a marvel movie again is a fist fight and basically a ship crashing.

You adding “he wasnt at his full powers” is head canon conjecture since he rebuilt his power source and suit and was defeated by ant family

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
...but then he got his suit. And was absolutely destroying things...he got his powers. And took an L. To Ant men and women. He should've at LEAST killed Pym.
Part of me thinks that his intention was to lose on purpose like he did in loki. He knows the beginning and the end and was setting himself up to get into the 616 universe. That was foreshadowed at the end of antman by Scott. In the comics, he never loses, just let's his younger variant defeat him.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Going to spoiler my thoughts, but I'll say it was pretty good. Not the best MCU movie ever or even close, but good. Probably 7.5/10.

Kang stole the show of course, every part with him was great. I also really enjoyed the visuals here. The action was mostly good as well and personally I thought the CGI was fine. Scott and Cassie were written well, although they had a few too many "I love you dad" type of scenes for me.

Main issues were -

1. Not enough Kang. I understand they're saving him for future movies, but still, I wish he'd gotten more scenes.

2. They didn't do enough to make you care about the people in the Quantum Realm. For example Bill Murray's character seemed pretty pointless, he just showed up one scene to mention that he hit that (Janet) at some point in the past, and then pretty much disappears. The other Quantum Realm characters had a few funny moments but they're just not memorable. They also didn't really do anything with Wasp...I like her new haircut but she was just kind of there.

3. Not sure I like the direction they went in with Modok. Personally I'd cut that part out and use that time to develop the Quantum Realm characters instead.

Movie did what it needed to do IMO, which is set Kang up as the new big bad.

Last edited:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
You are ignoring the facts presented by the film.
He needed his suit and ship to travel the multiverse. This is unarguable. He needed to fix or rebuild his power source. Once he did, he was manipulating others literally with the flick of his wrist and murdering people at will. And was ready to travel out of the realm…because his suit and ship was fixed.

But then, and this is the plothole…his suit got wrecked by ants. That is bullshyt. And as such, the final act of a marvel movie again is a fist fight and basically a ship crashing.

You adding “he wasnt at his full powers” is head canon conjecture since he rebuilt his power source and suit and was defeated by ant family
At first, Kang uses all his energy to ignite the citadel, which he transforms into a giant ship to take himself and his army out of the Quantum Realm. However, with the help of the revolutionaries, Scott manages to destroy the citadel’s ring, preventing Kang from escaping. Enraged by the resistance, Kang suits up and decides to fight the revolutionaries himself. And fight he does, wiping out the rebellion forces without breaking a sweat.
Kang was still outside of space and time at this point. He still wasn't fully powered. He still needed to escape the quantum realm to be KANG-kang.

:unimpressed:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:mjtf:A water Mexican can kill an African queen. But this bruh Kang, can’t ghost one wonder bread.

They didn’t kill him either though….. I don’t think anyone that’s go through a portal in the MCU has died yet